Let them know how you feel

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Roddy, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Roddy

Roddy

Because it can be so justified and called for sometimes, what will you say to stupid people you drive by or run into? When do you think a one finger salute is justified?

I think I sit somewhere in the middle I think. If someone actually blows a stoplight or sign on me, or does half the speed limit, they are going to know what I think.

How do you get the point across? When driving, in the grocery store line, or whatever?

2. Guest

While driving:
    Just honk at em real quick to let them know they are being stupid.

If Im ticked, and if Im driving my F-350, I will cut in front of them leaving about 1 foot or less space in between them and me. It usually scares em pretty good. :( Or get really really close to them while passing, while honking my horn.

Other times, i will just ignore them usually.

3. Guest

Is it considered "bad" to shoot at them? ;)

4. pdxbubba

pdxbubba

hold up either a yellow card or red card depending upon the offense.

[​IMG]

or toss a yellow flag out when you are out of your car/truck

[​IMG]

5. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

There's a young lady in Memphis (I believe she was 17 at the time) who was convicted of manslaughter (pled down from murder) for doing EXACTLY that. The motorist she cut off swerved to avoid an accident, lost control and was killed. My opinion, the DA should not have dealt. She should be doing hard time for murder.;t
    Behind the wheel of a multithousand pound, fast moving projectile in close promixity to others is not the place to lose your temper or try to teach someone a lesson.

A "brake check" for tailgaters is another braindead move that can make a bad situation worse.

If you're at the range, and some dummy (or newbie) doesn't maintain proper muzzle control and accidentally "covers" you momentarily, is your response to point your gun at them? if so, do you pop 'em one in the knee just to teach 'em a lesson? Of course not. Why then would you not be just as judicious when in control of a statistically much more lethal weapon, your vehicle?
    Sorry for the rant, but poor driving does not excuse deliberate poor driving in response.

6. calzoom

calzoom

Amen Brother! Every day I see these Ego Freaks in their jacked up F350's or something of the sort trying to intimadate other drivers with their hiway antics. It reminds me of the old story of tryin to teach a pig to sing. It waste your time and annoys the pig!

I always get a chuckle when I see one of those ego monsters sticking in a snow bank. Or when one of those little stoplight racers is stuck in a traffic jam.

Let's all stay safe out there and settle down a little. ;k ^b

7. Guest

I do that cause Im a redneck, we do that kinda stuff.

Dont like it?

Then dont piss me off. :) Real simple. ;)

Also, Calzoom, this crapola about "ego rush" while driving a big truck, wrong. I use my truck for work. I need a big truck to haul big boats around. And mine isnt jacked up. Its just a standard 4X4. And the vast majority of guys out there who do have huge jacked up trucks do that just cause they like em like that. The only reason other men speak badly about guys who do own cool trucks, is cause thier jealous and wish they had one. Or maybe they are trying to draw attention away from thier own, ahh, "short" comings?

Oh yeah, one last parting thought, its actually not all that big of a deal here in Houston,(cutting people off real close) if any of yall watched the recent news about "HOUSTON HORROR DRIVERS!" during and after the Super Bowl, (which turned this place into an absolute madhouse, let me tell you!) you would know that the VAST majority of people drive like that. I dont see what the problem everybody has with it, its just normal Houston driving to me. Its what I grew up with! You get fast reactions after a while...;) :cool:

8. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Basically the kind of reply I would have expected from someone who would brag about driving dangerously.
    Oh, well. As they say, Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.;)

9. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Trailmaster,
    All seriousness aside. When you said "'cause I'm a redneck" I busted up. It reminded me of a joke...

The National Highway Safety Administration installed hidden microphones in several thousand cars and trucks all over the country over a period of years to determine what was going on in the last moments before a fatal accident.
    Not much light was actually shed on the causes, however an interesting fact emerged from the study. In 49 states, the most commonly heard phrase immediately before impact was "oh, sh%t." In Tennessee the most commonly heard phrase was, "hold my beer an' watch this."
    :cool: ;e

10. Guest

If you give someone the finger, or cut them off in south Florida, you better be armed.

And I'm serious.

11. calzoom

calzoom

I see those guys out their in their work trucks as well as me and mine and by and large their behavior is polite and courteous to other drivers. Then there are those of the above ilk who see everyone else who behave themselves as having short comings when the only short comings is between the ears of those who have to satisfy primal urges on the hiway. I too once led that lifestyle. But when I grew to be a man I put away childish ways. How Y'all drive in Texas is of no concern to me. However, While I was there the same driving courtesies were observed and returned. I think reexamination of I'm a B/A and a little maturity will go along way to ensuring a long and prosperous life. May you be blessed with such. ;)

12. Guest

Thats probably not quite true, it would be more like "In 43 states the most commonly heard phrase immediately before impact was "oh sh!t." In Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Lousianna, Alabama, and Georgia was "hold my beer and watch this."

Very close to accurate. Very very close...;)

Is it bad driving on my part? Yeah. I know that. And I really dont care what other people have to say about it. The only wreck I have ever been in occured off road, with a tree. ;g Normally, when people arent being complete azzholes, I am one of those "polite and courteous to all" truck drivers that Calzoom is talking about. I'll even go out of my way to slow down to let someone in. However, when they start being azzholes, then I dont care. Ill cut them off, intimidate the crap out of them, scare them, whatever. If they dont like it, they shouldnt have messed with me. Very very very simple.

And like I said, in Houston, and any Houston drivers can back me up on this one, driving like this is the norm, not the exception.

So, ya'll have fun this weekend, be careful after all, its Valentines day, Im still waiting for my girl to wake up...:cool: