Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I let my son shoot the Gen 4 Glock 19 for the first time. I set up a few clay skeet on a dirt hill and let him shoot those. He did okay considering the sights. When I got the gun I put the HD sights on it but went with a single dot in the rear. I can honestly say I hate the fact that I went with the single dot instead of the two dot rear like I usually do. I will be switching up to the two dot rear as soon as possible.

Here are a couple photos

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. He has been shooting since about 5 and at 8 was doing cowboy shooting matches. We stopped for a while and just started really shooting again. Glad to be back shooting for sure. It was his first time on a Glock though and he really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Great job on the time with the kid. :supergrin:

Reactions: JWheeler331

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
That it is. They really like the time with the old man once in awhile.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
What a great Dad. And look at the trigger finger right on the side of the frame in the last photo.

Perfect!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Awesome time with the son, priceless, it was nice when I took my daughter shooting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great shooting range you've got, I'm envious.

Thanks. My father in law has some average and also does dirt work so he has a small pit on the back of his property that I use for a range. It sure is nice to have and does come in handy for sure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where is the boy's eye protection?

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know.......and agree. Of all my vices that is one of my biggest. I grew up shooting almost every day as a kid and we didn't use them. Now of course eye and ear protection is at the forefront but I admit that I do forget the eye protection from time to time when shooting casually. We do use them sometime and always when shooting steel.

I have never been a person who wears glasses or even sun glasses so I do forget at times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts