Let me tell you why I love Glocks...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by engineer88, Mar 20, 2010.

1. engineer88

engineer88

I went to the range with a friend tonight and he was shooting his daughters Taurus Pro 24/7. He had found some of his late father's ammunition from the 70's and was planning to shoot it up along with some factory new ammunition he had bought. Well, the old stuff was called "Norma" I think. Some brand I had never heard of so I am guessing it was way old. Anyhow, the box had obviously seen heavy moisture and they were all covered covered with a layer of gunk, heck a row of them were flat out green.

He tried shooting ten or so rounds of the stuff though it and it stove piped every round. So he asked me if the range (it was his first time there, and he knew I had been before) would dispose of old ammo. Now I looked at it and it seemed a tad risky, but I took my G26 off my hip, unloaded my carry rounds and said "watch this, I will show you why I carry a Glock every day". Now honestly, (I should have taken a picture these rounds were corroded in a bad way) me saying this was being ultra cocky about the functional reliability of my Glock, but there it is, I was being a smart azz and I had to put up or shut up at that point.

So I load them up and proceed to "dispose" of them for him by double tapping and firing magazines rapid fire. He watched as I rolled though 40 rounds without a single failure and his jaw hit the floor and I just started laughing.

So if ya wanna know why I love my Glocks so much and trust my life and my family's life to them, this is a perfect example. :)

P.S. The Taurus did at least fit my hand nicely, even though he had 2 lightstrikes out of 200 rounds of brand new factory ammunition. Hahaha!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. robertwh

robertwh

I love it! Another heart warming story and testimony to Glock dependability!:wavey:

3. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

4. viniglock

viniglock

Excellent thanks for sharing!

5. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

[​IMG]
    That's exactly why we are pushing to make Glocks even better !
    Glocks are the best so far, but their is still room for improvement !

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  6. Trey83

Trey83

That's a great story.

7. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

That is definitely why all of us here own Glocks.

8. dereklord

dereklord

IT doesnt get any better than that!:wow:

9. ju993rnaut

ju993rnaut

Me like:wow:, Glocks are the breasts!!!

10. dereklord

dereklord

So if ya wanna know why I love my Glocks so much and trust my life and my family's life to them, this is a perfect example. :)

I have a somewhat similar story...

When I went for my CCW class, there was a guy who said he hated Glocks and that his 9mm beretta was just the greatest thing on earth. When class started, the instructor proceeded to tell everyone how my G21 was a GREAT gun and all of the good things about the 21 and about Glocks in general. HE then picked up that guys Beretta ad told all of the problems with it. THEN... when we finaly got to the range to qualify, I was the only one out there with a semi auto (revolvers were fine) that didnt have a failure to feed, failure to fire, or failure to eject. Needless to say, Mr. Glock-hater didnt fare so well. (His target wasnt as pretty as mine when we finished either.) GLOCKS RULE!!!!

11. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

Glocks have sloppy chambers and tolerances. That's the biggest reason they tend to be reliable when dirty. A Beretta, SIG, Walther, FNP, Steyr, HK ,etc. will easily meet or exceed the Glocks reliability.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  12. thesmiter1

thesmiter1

I've got to agree with the reliability part. Many handguns these days are proving to be quite reliable. If we were to believe some of the stuff we hear on this forum, all other autos would be unreliable pieces of crap compared to the god-gun Glock. It just ain't so.

13. MI-IDPA

MI-IDPA

After shooting both Beretta and Sig while I was in the Army, I'm not so sure I can agree that their reliability are as good as Glocks.

14. CynicX

CynicX

The Beretta 92F that our Military was chose for the M9 after it beat the reliability test (extreme temps -40 to +140, buried in sand, snow and mud, left in salt water for extended periods, and dropped on a hard surface repeatedly.

According to the internet (dont know the true) it the 92F fired 35,000 rounds before jamming/failing somehow during Military testing....

The Sig P226 was the only other gun that passed the XM9 Service Pistol Trials for the M9 contract.

The Beretta ended up being a little more durable and most importantly cheaper.

Of all the things I dont like about Beretta's and Sig's the one thing they do have going for them is reliability.

15. engineer88

engineer88

Not sure why anyone got bu*t hurt over their favorite brand. If I was mentioning my being unimpressed with any brand it was only the Taurus. So if you love the Taurus firearms and wanna be mad at me that is fine, but what happened is what happened. As far as the "sloppy tolerances and loose chambers" stuff, I am good with that, I could care less, I just want the weapon to work and save my life if ever needed. Which it does.

16. DWS22

DWS22

Really??????? Beretta?? Walther???.............

17. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

Heart warming story, gets me all misty eyed as I clean my CCW Glock 19 and put it back in my Mtac holster . I can have anything I want to carry and I choose the Glock because it goes bang every time no matter what.

18. CynicX

CynicX

Both very reliable...

Walther P99's are used by Germany's North Rhine-Westphalia Police Force, Royal Malaysian Police, Finnish Defense Force, Canada's Montreal Police force (its name escapes me), and many more. But those are very large police forces, the Royal Malaysian Police has some 100,000 officers or so.

Very reliable and accurate gun. I was thinking about buying one at one time but didnt like the different trigger options, started second guessing what I wanted and eventually gave up and bought a G17. I do have a Walther P22 that is very reliable, and its .22 LR (a lot of inexpensive auto .22 LR arent that reliable)...

[​IMG]

engineer88. If you are referring to me I'm not getting butt hurt. I think some members on here think that Glocks are the most reliable gun ever produced. And while this could be a valid argument I dont think its appropriate to call other guns not reliable that have already proven themselves..

I've personally never owned a Taurus but I also havent heard all that great of things about them...

19. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Glocks are good. Deal with them on a daily basis. What I recommed to new buyers...but I like my Sigs better. :whistling:

20. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

Gaston Glock was invited to the test but declined because he would not give up his patents which is a requirement if you win a military contract. The Beretta did not come close to the Sig but not only was it a cost factor that led to its selection but politically motivated as well due to the fact of where the Beretta factory was to be built. The best weapon did not only not win but was not even entered. The weapon chosen is a pale comparison to the Glock and Sig as well and is a testament to “made by the lowest bidder” and” You Get what you pay for” Just my .02:whistling: