Glock Talk banner

Les

3695 48
I was on the 1911forum site in the les baer section. A poster told the story of his premiere ll going back to baer three sepeate times for hammer follow. He did acknowledge how accurate it was and how it fed everything.
It sounds like les was pretty rough on him.
I must say i love my baer's and think highly of les,
But on the other hand it does sound like he is one cranky sob!:supergrin:
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=489125
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,158 Posts
My Baer is 100% so far.

I have heard that Les can be an arse! Though, I've also heard if you follow his instructions for breakin, use his mags (or at least tell him you are), and if you do have a problem, you call to discuss vs tell him his gun is jacked up, he's more than willing to help get the problem resolved.

Now, should the customer have walk on egg shells? I'm more of a the customer is always right type of guy. However, if you know this before you buy and make piece with that, you'll be happy with a Baer!

· Banned
1,694 Posts
I was on the 1911forum site in the les baer section. A poster told the story of his premiere ll going back to baer three sepeate times for hammer follow. He did acknowledge how accurate it was and how it fed everything.
It sounds like les was pretty rough on him.
I must say i love my baer's and think highly of les,
But on the other hand it does sound like he is one cranky sob!:supergrin:
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=489125
From your link,

I doubt Les is losing sleep over your problems. My PII over the last 20 years has had zero issues and exactly 32961.5 rounds. But then again none of the other 5 I have owned have ever had an issue.

Sorry you had a problem and welcome to the forum. Nice intro post.
Such is the typical D-Bag you run into on those forums, his gun is fine, shut up and don't sound off if your's isn't! I'll never understand that type of imbecilic personality, and frankly I don't want too!

I have never seen a single 1911 produced by anyone that I'd pay in excess of $2000.00 for, ever! They are the simplest of machines, all of the footwork accomplished long, long ago by JMB.

As far as I am concerned all custom 1911's are a complete robbery job, a slick grifting of people who all lack confidence in themselves and are sitting ducks for just about anyone who happens along sounding like they know the magic recipe!

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
I had an issue with my 9mm Les Baer, mag was catching on the slide stop and not dropping free from the gun, and not locking the slide back. He told me I had to tune my magazines. He said that won't happen if I use the magazine the gun came with. I told him that it did, in fact. He pretty much said he didn't believe me. Not the greatest customer service for sure.

Long story short, I bought a Wilson 9mm slide stop and problems went away.

· Combat Diver
3,768 Posts
From your link,

Such is the typical D-Bag you run into on those forums, his gun is fine, shut up and don't sound off if your's isn't! I'll never understand that type of imbecilic personality, and frankly I don't want too!

I have never seen a single 1911 produced by anyone that I'd pay in excess of $2000.00 for, ever! They are the simplest of machines, all of the footwork accomplished long, long ago by JMB.

As far as I am concerned all custom 1911's are a complete robbery job, a slick grifting of people who all lack confidence in themselves and are sitting ducks for just about anyone who happens along sounding like they know the magic recipe!
I post on that forum as well and there are a lot of good Americans and a lot of good sources of information there, as well as the arrogance. The drama and mall Ninja factor there does not come close to what we experience here. I have one "custom" 1911, an Ed Brown, and while I love my Kimbers, the Ed Brown Craftsmanship is head and shoulders above all of my other pistols.

Ultimately, I am grateful that we all live in a country to where we have this kind of choice, followed by the thought that some crook will never come on TV and say "Can you believe that this guy shot me with a $400 RIA 1911? That bullet has no sense of fashion once it leaves the muzzle.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From your link,

Yea i thought that guys post was pretty childish.
For gods sake, the guys gun went full auto!

· PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
15,009 Posts
Back in-the-day...my best bud and I had some extra cash, and we wanted 2 quality 1911's...so he bought a Baer and I opted for one of Dave Williams, custom-jobs from S/A.
My friend's Baer had so many issues, after twice returning to Baer for fixes, he just traded it off...My S/A is still running like a champ and was less $ to boot...oh well...you pays yer money & you take your chances...

· JAFO
15,116 Posts
I knew before buying my Baer that he can be difficult at times. I'm glad I bought one anyway because it's been one of the very best gun related purchases I've made.

· Registered
5,846 Posts
From your link,

If anything your posts come off like a complete D-bag.

You may not understand that there's a demographic that actually uses their 1911s and I get that, but not everyone that buys custom 1911s has shortcomings. In fact, in many cases, quite the opposite. Hence the dominance of custom 1911s in the competition world.

I understand that there is an aging demographic that thinks his old 70s colt is just as good as anything else when it punches paper twice a year. However, the custom 1911 market fills a void of an art that is long lost on many current production 1911s, and that is hand built craftsmanship, original designs, and quality small parts.

The more someone shoots their 1911s, the more this becomes obvious and relevant.

· Banned
63,200 Posts
If anything your posts come off like a complete D-bag.

You may not understand that there's a demographic that actually uses their 1911s and I get that, but not everyone that buys custom 1911s has shortcomings. In fact, in many cases, quite the opposite. Hence the dominance of custom 1911s in the competition world.

I understand that there is an aging demographic that thinks his old 70s colt is just as good as anything else when it punches paper twice a year. However, the custom 1911 market fills a void of an art that is long lost on many current production 1911s, and that is hand built craftsmanship, original designs, and quality small parts.

The more someone shoots their 1911s, the more this becomes obvious and relevant.

There was a very large demographic that used the basic Colt M1811A1s in real life combat for seven decades before it was replaced by the M9 pistol.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.