Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry a personally owned Glock 35 with the LE trigger at 5.5 lbs. My department issues the G22 with the NY1 Trigger. Our policy lets me have a minimum of a 4lb trigger on a personally owned gun. We have numerous officers with 1911's, and thus far no ND's. (knock on wood...)

While at a regional officer class, one of our officers realized how much better he shot with a borrowed Glock with the standard (5.5 lb) trigger, and asked why we couldn't change his out. I would like to see us do this for all Glocks, as I think it makes for a better pull.

Why did we start off on this 8.5 lb NY1 trigger in law enforcement, and has anyone out there moved away from it.

Thanks,

·
GAP'r
940 Posts
The NY1 trigger spring was invented for the New York City police department to help replicate the feel of the double action revolvers they had been using.

I use an NY1 trigger spring and a GLOCK (-) connector in my daily carry piece. I like the trigger feel with this combination better than the standard 5.5lb connector and spring.

(I am not a LEO, just a legally armed citizen)

·
Florist
20,769 Posts
The NY1 trigger was requested by the NYS Police. There is also a NY2 trigger. Glock will happily sell their guns to LE agencies with any of their 3 trigger springs. The agency is totally free to specify which trigger spring they want.

Personally I like the NY1 trigger the most.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm in a NYS agency. NY1 on and off duty. Not a problem for me, I don't mind the trigger. Also, only G19 and/or G26's, 147gr JHP's on and off duty.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
G23 (issued) with a NY-1 and standard connector. Not bad, but the NY-1 with 3 1/2 Lb connector would be ideal.

·
in ur rearview
888 Posts
I'm in a NYS agency as well. We have G22s with the standard connector and trigger spring. I carry the same in my off duty G27, no NY triggers in our stuff.

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,593 Posts
The NY1 trigger spring was invented for the New York City police department .....
Nope!

The NY1 trigger was requested by the NYS Police.
Yup!

The NY1 is not a trigger....it's a spring....a trigger spring.

I'm not a fan of the NY spring, just don't see a need to make the entire trigger pull heavier and harder to use well, much prefer an 8lb connector with the coil spring if a heavier trigger pull is 'needed', but only if you use the reset to shoot the gun like a single action type trigger.

If you let the trigger go all the way forward after each shot and then pull it all the way back again to fire it, a NY spring might work better for you.

Be sure to keep the connector/trigger bar interface lubricated, it's even more important when a NY spring is in use.

Friends don't let friends use NY springs. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am watching this thread now. I plan on a ny1 for my g19 and a ny2 for a 26 carry gun and would like to know what you all think. Good thread OP!

·
Florist
20,769 Posts
I am watching this thread now. I plan on a ny1 for my g19 and a ny2 for a 26 carry gun and would like to know what you all think. Good thread OP!
I'd keep them all the same.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be careful. As much as I dislike the NY1, the NY2 I hear is awful. My department is evaluating dumping all the NY1's and going to the standard spring/connector combo.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I always put a NY1 with standard connector in all my personal Glocks, just because its what I'm used to (it was standard on my issued Glock when I carried one as well). I've played with all the different spring/connector set ups, but always end up back with NY1/standard connector. The only time I saw a Glock "break" shooting was a standard coil spring had the hook end break off and trigger would not reset. NY2 trigger springs is just hideously hard. NY1/3.5 connector just did not feel right to me.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I always put a NY1 with standard connector in all my personal Glocks, just because its what I'm used to (it was standard on my issued Glock when I carried one as well). I've played with all the different spring/connector set ups, but always end up back with NY1/standard connector. The only time I saw a Glock "break" shooting was a standard coil spring had the hook end break off and trigger would not reset. NY2 trigger springs is just hideously hard. NY1/3.5 connector just did not feel right to me.
You can continue to fire a Glock if the trigger spring breaks.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Tried the NY1 with a 3.5 connector and didnt care for it. While it does provide a snappier reset, it makes the actual stacking and trigger break more imperceptable.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Personal preferences differ, my old Department issued the G-22/27 combo standard connector and NY-1, so thats what I use, carry/train/use, all set up the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts