LEO trade in G22 RTF Fish Gills

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by 303_enfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. 303_enfield

303_enfield

2. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

3. BADOS

BADOS

I have one also that I bought a couple of years ago. A LE trade in that was in excellent shape. G22.

4. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I bought one earlier this year, in excellent condition.
    Not a mark on it. Could not find any signs that it had been fired.
    It was not a PD trade in that I know of. Got it at a gun show.
    It has Glock night sights, that are not as bright as new ones.
    I think it spent it's whole life put up somewhere waiting for an emergency that never came along. Then the widow said she didn't need it.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    It now resides in my Nightstand. Still waiting.

5. OXMYX

OXMYX

Jerks are making the customers pay extra for the mags that came with the pistol originally.

6. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

A lot of places do that. A lot of people don't know, the diff.
    All of the pistols That I have bought came with the number of mags that it said on the box. Unless I got it cheap without a box. Then it was up to the seller. I just had to take him at his word.
    Might be some people that work at shops that sell PD returns.
    Maybe someone can tell us how it works at there shop.
    I know its not like that at all shops.

7. JMS

JMS 02

Since I can’t afford a real Glock 22C RTF2 with gills nor have ever seen one for sale except as a package deal I’ll be making my own ;)

Glockdude1, PRE-K and Jayman28 like this.
  8. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

9. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Take a G-22 Get the slide milled with the Gills in the front.
    And have them turned the other way, it makes the slide easier to grip. Also get the slide milled for the Comp. Lone Wolf sells Compensated Barrels, they may do the slide too. I have a RTF2, and the slide is easier to grip going the other way.
    The Glock store Has some stippling that looks good.
    By this time you have so much money in it you would have been better to look for one complete, maybe two.

10. PRE-K

PRE-K

Recoil sells the PD trades w/ one mag, but their prices and service are top notch, IMO. You know what you're getting with them, so...

-JCN- likes this.
  11. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I have been considering one of these from Recoil. I just visited their website and they now have two versions, good and very good.

12. pscyclepath

pscyclepath

I went to the monthly gun show this morning with the intent of simply buying a few more magazines for my G22 EDC pistol, but wandering around, a fellow had a Glock 22 RTF model with the fish gills for offer... I looked pretty closely at it, and bit... He wasn't flexible on the asking price, but it was still way cheaper than i've seen on GunBroker or any of the other online sites. Turns out to be a former blue label gun, near mint condition, with 3 magazines, factory night sights, and original box, the little envelope for the manual and papers was still unopened, and it had former officer's hand receipt where he was issued the weapon in December 2009. So a very good deal... I did have to try it out, it shoots wonderfully.

PRE-K likes this.
  13. PRE-K

PRE-K

Curious what you paid, if you're willing to say. I know what an old gillie frying pan is worth to ME, but I'd like to know what the rest of the world values them at.

14. pscyclepath

pscyclepath

$500. Seems a little high to me, but everything that I found on the web sites was running that price, most higher. That's about what I pay for a brand-new-in-the-box Gen 4 at my local gun shop. It was cheaper than any other Glock model at the gun show as well, to include a sad old G23 Gen 2 that had had the grips all stippled/scarred up :-(

But i was issued a random G22 for range qualification last month, and it turned out to be one of the old Gen 3 RTF models. I really liked the way it felt (my usual carry is either a Gen 4 23 or a 22), and started looking around. The "new" addition to the flock has Louisiana roots, it was issued on 12/1/2009 to a deputy sheriff in Ascension Parish, LA, and still appears in near-mint condition. I thought it was a bit high, but after giving it a short range test, and looking through the box, I'm very happy.

PRE-K and glowrod like this.
  15. Toocool45

Toocool45

So yesterday i was looking through an old cabinet in the basement and found an old Glock annual with the g22 fish gills on the cover. Annual in great condition. Today at the range they had 2 gill models in range rentals. Does this mean i have to buy a guilly model???? Just sayin.

16. PRE-K

PRE-K

Sounds about right. Though I might even pay a bit more for an exceptional one.

I do usually end up with my two allotted blue labels a year, just because they're relatively inexpensive, but what I'm REALLY always on the lookout for are the gillies!

17. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

[​IMG]

Got this one about six months ago from GT Distributors for $329 before taxes. Night sights still glow somewhat. It was the best of the bunch they had, several had been chewed by seat belts. It’s now my primary home defense handgun. With the FPF I know it will be the most resistant to finish wear of all any Glocks I have.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    glockhoarder, PRE-K and Valmet like this.
  18. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Looks like you got a pretty nice one Mr M. RTF2 is easily my favorite variant when it comes to frames.

PRE-K and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  19. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

BY FAR mine too. They are a wear item like tires, but even a well-worn RTF2 feels better than all other iterations.

PRE-K likes this.