LEO Guides?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msabo1023, Feb 18, 2010.

1. msabo1023

msabo1023

Fellow leo's, anyone know of any good free guides or pdf files or documents for police officers? Like drug identification or basic spanish etc. Anything really that would apply to police work. Ive been out of the academy and on the road with my first pd for about a month now and a few officers gave me a few files that I put on my flash drive and use on the mdt instead of having a bunch of paperwork in my patrol bag.. Just looking for some good guides or anything else that would be useful to me. Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

2. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

Not sure if this is what you mean, but...my state has a printed "Law Enforcement Officers' Quick Reference Statute Guide." It's probably available in e-form now.

Has basic Spanish, all licensing requirements, restriction codes, point values, fine amounts, and most any traffic, criminal, or alcohol charge you could need as a patrol officer.

3. msabo1023

msabo1023

yeah something like that. Do you have a link?

4. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

5. Chico Bill

Chico Bill Millennium Member

What state are you in? Many states have different laws and thus different guides. I purchased "Spanish for Law Enforcement Personnel" (ISBN 0-8120-9367-4)book and it's OK, but I learned most of my horrible Spanish from actually talking to people and trying to talk to people...My partner (who speaks spanish) calls my espanol "Yoda Spanish" but he gets a kick out of it and I try to make it fun...If I could speak in anything but present tense it would be easier...Damn conjugation!

Another good book (for general LE stuff) is "Street Survival...Tactics for Armed Encounters" published by Calibre Press. It's a bit dated (at least my copy) but has decent info.

Lots of other info from dope to guns to terrorism and active shooters...Lots of PDF's on the net and through training programs...

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

7. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Pocket Press publishes pocket law books for cops. They will print custom books also. http://www.pocketpress.com/Books.htm

An officer at my old department put together a pocket guide with common penal & traffic codes, important phone numbers, spanish phrases, important policy info, peace officer bill of rights info, etc. You should check if something like that has been published for your department.

I haven't used their books yet but I'm planning on placing an order.

8. msabo1023

msabo1023

Im in ohio. thanks for the help everyone. ive looked online alot and cant really find any pdfs or files i can save and put on my flash drive. I guess ill have to wait for some training seminars

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We use the pocket press too.