close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lens Color Or Shade

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jmy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

If you could only choose only one shade or color of lens for your shooting glasses for outdoor shooting,what would it be?
    THANKS.

jmy

2. jasonub

jasonub

3. ogiebb

ogiebb

for me.. gray... not too dark for late afternoon shoots and still good for the blazing sun

4. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

If I could just pick one it would be a clear lens(not a shade nor a color :)) and top it off with a cap. If it has to be one with a shade or color a polarized gray or smoked would do fine. The yellow lenses give me a headache but are really nice in providing contrast.

5. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Halos na try ko na yata lahat ng kulay sa RP line.

I noticed the red/amber gives you good contrast and doesn't leave the eyes strained. For really bright light, the brown doesn't wash out some small details lalo na sa peripheral edges ng lenses when your head is moving.

There's a new color available for golf, mey green tint yung lense. I haven't tried it yet. But judging from Rayban's popular aviator lenses before, and the resurgence of the same color, I'd think this could also be good.

Personally, for shooting and the dynamics our vision is being used, I'd say use the lightest tint without straining the eyes with too much light. And make sure it's got UV protection. ;)

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

rudy project's racing red for my perception. after wearing it for a while, i don't notice the tint;)

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

8. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

9. Guest

Do Rudy Project sunglasses have better durability than Oakley ones? I've had numerous Oakleys na but haven't tried RPs yet. Oakleys last for about a year, Wala pa akong oakley na tumagal ng 2 years..

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

yes, search for the thread titled "your competition gear please" by hermogut:)

11. jmy

What do you mean that Oakley doesn't last more than 2 years?What part of Oakley(Lens Or Frame)is not durable?If that's the case,I might get Rudy project instead.

jmy

12. deenoh

deenoh

El Prez,
    Ask Eyecutter and homogenizer, they suggested that it would be better to go with Rudy Projects because the frame of the Oakley doesnt last long. Nadudurog daw yun frame. Puro hype lang sa commercial. I followed their advice, bought a Rudy and am very satisfied with it.

13. Guest

Yeah the frames really break easily.. 5 Oakleys in 6 years. And it breaks AFTER the 1 year warranty. Parang sinasadya ata nila. ;Q ;P

p.s. Which Rudy Project model would be best for shooting? I might get one pag nasira na itong oakley ko ngaun. :)

14. jmy

In what way do the Oakley frames break.In my case,the clear lens of my Oakley broke even without me using it for some time.In my other Oakley,the lens kept coming off when I was in DisneyWorld a couple of months ago.

jmy

15. deenoh

deenoh

I use the Rydon model, and have tried out my cousin's Kerosene, IMHO both seem fine for shooting.

16. jmy

I just came back from the Power Plant to get the the Rudy Project Glasses for shooting.Ang Mahal Pala,13,500.00 Pesos.The sales girl gave me a discount and brought it down to 12,000.00 Pesos.Mahal Parin.

jmy

17. Guest

How much are those and do they come with clear lenses na pang shooting talaga or additional order yung clear lenses?

18. deenoh

deenoh

El Prez,
    Try George's Optical at the Megamall Basement, they sell Rudys at a lower price. I think the model you checked out is the Ketyum. Mahal talaga yon. Pinaka bago ata nila yon e. Get the Rydon or the Kerosene, laking mura compared to the newer models. Pang all around naman ang mga Rudy glasses. I got my Rydon for P5600, the Kerosenes go for about P4800 IIRC. My cousin told me na I could have gotten the glasses for a cheaper price the Cartimar although I didnt get the chance to confirm that.

ian_g,
    The lens I got was the black one. I think you have to order additional lenses if you want a clear one. Not 100% sure though.

19. ogiebb

ogiebb

El prez,

since madalas ka naman sa US have your oakley's replaced, if the frames are broken because of quality reasons they can warranty them if you break them because of boo boo's they charge $20 for replacement..broke mine twice pinalitan nila..the new oakley magnesiums are nice ewan ko lang ang presyo at durability nila..cheers

20. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

There's a new line ng Rudy Projects na gawa sa Taiwan. And the irony of it all is that it's being recognized as part of the RP line BUT quality is far from the Italian-made ones. So be careful where you buy your RP's.

I've heard about the Oakley frames na para'ng Nike sneakers, nadudurog as time goes by lalo na kung 'di nagagamit. I've also heard about their lense na madali ma scratch. These things were the reasons why I went with RP even though gusto'ng-gusto ko dati yung mga M-frames at A-wires nila.

Sa shooting, the Kerosene, Rydon (not the ones with the SX lenses) & Freon are good. The Ketyum is nice kaso pricey. If you want prescription lenses attached to your lense, the Freon model does not offer this option.

Mey hip color ngayon, tawag nila Laser Clear Deg. Maganda pang porma. ;f

;)