Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel that this is a problem? I find that my trigger finger rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard on the left side (right handed). If I try and adjust my grip or to place my finger higher on the trigger, then my second knuckle on my trigger finger hits the upper frame on the right side of the trigger guard. If I try to place less finger on the trigger then there is a large gap and an awkward bend in my trigger finger. I have large hands and long fingers but I'm no giant. I wear an X-large glove size. I own and have shot dozens of handguns and never had this happen to this degree. I think the length of pull on Glocks may be too short or it seems that the triggers are small and the trigger guard could be deeper. I don't know. Any thoughts on this? I really want to like this pistol. Oh yeah it's a G30S and it runs like a Swiss watch.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
One of the neat things about the Gen4 models is the ability to use is the large backstrap. Maybe you could combine a Gen4 30 frame and your 30S slide to make a Glock model 60.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I honestly though everybody knew the SF models were for people with small hands who complained about the long length of pull of Glocks in general.

Seriously, this complaint is ridiculous!

Small hands, buy SF.
Big hands, don't buy SF!

Not complicated.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
I can barely reach the trigger on most pistols including Glocks. Sounds as if you may need an Instructor to assist you with your grip.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have small hands. Same thing happens with my Gen4 G19 and G34 with no adapter and the M. It has ZERO effect on accuracy. Trigger fundamentals are what is important. If you are displacing the gun with the trigger press under these conditions you are not properly pulling back on the trigger. Back...not down.

I shoot Glocks, Sig DA/SA and 1911's. All very different trigger pulls. Got my first Glock in 2011...had no problem adapting to the trigger (stock). Each platform is different. With good fundamentals, I had no problem adapting to a stock Glock trigger from a 3 1/2 lb Wilson 1911.

One difference I have found with Glocks is that the end of the trigger finger does not have to be at the classic right angle to the trigger face. Instead, the tip is at a slight angle to the rear.

We have a large NRA handgun program at out LGC and run about 90 students a year through. Each student has one instructor and we have a lot of range time. I pay special attention to the platform used when discussing trigger press fundamentals. Depends on the gun used.

In a nutshell, your problem (if any) is not hand size and Glocks. If you still feel that it is, the solution is Gen4's with the Large backstrap insert.

You don't mention whether you are having a problem with accuracy. If so, this isn't the cause.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I honestly though everybody knew the SF models were for people with small hands who complained about the long length of pull of Glocks in general.

Seriously, this complaint is ridiculous!

Small hands, buy SF.
Big hands, don't buy SF!

Not complicated.
Not necessarily true. A friend of mine is a massive hockey player and loves his Glocks. Has no problem one-handing a .50 cal Desert Eagle. He sold his Glock 21 because the grip felt too large to him. He prefers the SF and Gen 4 models. Large or small hands, it all comes down to how it feels to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just like any forum. Some people are nice and offer good advice and or comments and others are know it all condescending pricks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You could probably use a Hogue slip on grip to fill it up a bit. I really like the feel of the 30S myself. I did need to undercut the right side of the trigger guard to cure my "glock knuckle"

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just like any forum. Some people are nice and offer good advice and or comments and others are know it all condescending pricks.
You're the bigger ******, 4Rules made a recommendation, not a criticism and you insulted him.

Your whole post was highly negative . Seriously, if a length of pull is too short on a SF then that's YOUR problem, because it's a SF for an effing reason - shorter length of pull!

You sir are the condescending *****.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Read the army marksmanship unit pistol shooting guide - that big gap and awkward bend of your finger you describe is what is actually the right way! If your trigger finger is contacting any part of the pistol besides the trigger ( a little ways past the knuckle joint ) it goes against what this book says- yes the focus of the amtu guide is bullseye but it is still the foundation on which all pistol shooting built. Based on what you have said you must be the first person I have heard of saying a glock 21 even an sf has too small a grip

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.