Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the length is, preferably in mm, of a 17 round 9mm magazine? Is it 122mm? If it is then the ETS 22 rounder is impressive at only 140mm. That means that for only a protrusion of 18mm, about .7", you get 5 more rounds for a Glock 17 or 34. And for 49mm of protrusion, about 1.8", you get 27 rounds, so 10 more than standard with only a 49mm protrusion. I believe that the Glock 24 rounder is 180mm in length, which makes the ETS even more impressive.
But are my measurements of the Glock magazines correct? If they're not that would explain the discrepancy.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Both Glock and Magpul make 24 round mags that are lightyears ahead of ETS.

I'm also doubting you could fit five 9mm rounds in a space of 18mm or 7/10". That looks to be about the size of a standard +2 extension.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both Glock and Magpul make 24 round mags that are lightyears ahead of ETS.

I'm also doubting you could fit five 9mm rounds in a space of 18mm or 7/10". That looks to be about the size of a standard +2 extension.
That's why I'm wondering what the length of the 9mm 17 round Glock magazines is. The length of the 22 rounder from ETS is 140mm for sure, and based on a number of reviews you can fit 22 rounds. But how long are the Glock 17 rounders, I'm basing this on the fact that the Glock 17 rounders are 122mm.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,808 Posts
What part of the magazine are you measuring?

·
23,403 Posts
Does anyone know what the length is, preferably in mm, of a 17 round 9mm magazine? Is it 122mm? If it is then the ETS 22 rounder is impressive at only 140mm. That means that for only a protrusion of 18mm, about .7", you get 5 more rounds for a Glock 17 or 34. And for 49mm of protrusion, about 1.8", you get 27 rounds, so 10 more than standard with only a 49mm protrusion. I believe that the Glock 24 rounder is 180mm in length, which makes the ETS even more impressive.
But are my measurements of the Glock magazines correct? If they're not that would explain the discrepancy.
Are ETS magazines metal lined with steel feed lips? I've never had a problem with an OEM Glock magazine and I would trust any aftermarket magazine. And If yo run into a situation that you can't resolve with 17 plus one rounds, that situation probably isn't resolvable anyway. In real life, one man isn't likely to prevail over an entire platoon of bad guys no matter how many rounds he has in his handgun.

This obsession with magazine capacity is getting out of hand. Everybody seems to think that they need 15+1 rounds in their G48's or 20 plus rounds in their Glock 17's or they'll never survive the sort of encounters that they envision in their overworked imaginations. Spend more time on live fire training and develop the absolute determination to make every shot count and you'll do just fine with ten plus one or 17 plus one rounds fired out of a Glock factory magazine that you can be certain is reliable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just measured a G17 mag and it's 123mm. So yeah, for only 17mm more you get +5 with ETS or +4 with Magpul, and for 48mm more you get +10 with both ETS and Magpul. Between ETS and Magpul, which is the better one?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are ETS magazines metal lined with steel feed lips? I've never had a problem with an OEM Glock magazine and I would trust any aftermarket magazine. And If yo run into a situation that you can't resolve with 17 plus one rounds, that situation probably isn't resolvable anyway. In real life, one man isn't likely to prevail over an entire platoon of bad guys no matter how many rounds he has in his handgun.

This obsession with magazine capacity is getting out of hand. Everybody seems to think that they need 15+1 rounds in their G48's or 20 plus rounds in their Glock 17's or they'll never survive the sort of encounters that they envision in their overworked imaginations. Spend more time on live fire training and develop the absolute determination to make every shot count and you'll do just fine with ten plus one or 17 plus one rounds fired out of a Glock factory magazine that you can be certain is reliable.
"In real life, one man isn't likely to prevail over an entire platoon of bad guys no matter how many rounds he has in his handgun. "

But what if...
Automotive tire Gear Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part

Ok, just kiddin!

·
Registered
11,406 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My mistake. They are 21 round mags. o_O
I thought they were 24's.

You know what's interesting is the Glock 24 and the magpul 27 are almost the same length

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.