close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Legal conversion from 40 to 9 for production?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by carlk, Jan 24, 2005.

1. carlk

carlk

Currently I have a G22 in 40 S&W. I have never competed in GSSF, or any competition, and I would like to start now. I bought my pistol in 1992 so it doesn't have finger grooves and I prefer it not to have finger grooves. I want to shoot in the Production class in 9mm.

What can I do to use my finer-grooveless frame, shoot 9mm, and compete in Production class? Can I use a conversion barrel or do I need to get a whole new upper?

2. Willard

Willard Who, me?

AFAIK, you need a new upper. The conversion barrel isn't a Glock item, so it wouldn't be legal for GSSF. An entire upper would be all Glock, so it should be fine.

3. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

although you can probably find a complete used G17 for pretty close to (maybe just a wee bit more than) the cost of a G17 upper

4. njl

njl

Since you actually want a 2nd gen 17, check with some of the places that frequently sell police trade-in guns. i.e.

http://www.kyimports.com/glock.htm#Glock

CDNN advertises them in their catalog, but doesn't appear to list them on their web site.

Either way, they seem to go for around $360.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Based on your comments I would imagine you would want to shoot in Amature Civilian or Amature Guardian since you stated that you have never competed. GSSF does not have a "Production Class". All the rules and category info can be found at www.gssfonline.com or you can read them in the First Edition of the "Glock Report" do out about March if you have joined GSSF and membership is current.

Welcome aboard, I think you will fine that GSSF Competition is fun and you will have the opportunity to meet many new friends.