close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leg Work Out Question.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by mossy500camo, Jan 30, 2007.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Hi! I went to a new gym that just opened recently. I went in to work my legs. While performing my workout, a young man comes up and says. " Dude! You are wasteing your time doing those things. (Leg curls and Leg Extensions) I'm like.. Huh....
    He then goes on to tell me that Squats and Deadlifts are all that Is needed for legs. This guy had HUGE legs.

He tells me a New workout which I will try next week.
    His leg workout look like this.
    5x5 or 8x8 Squats and same for Deadlifts.

My leg routine is like this.
    Squats 4x10
    Deadlifts 4x10
    Leg Extension 4x10
    Leg curls 4x10

Your opinions please.

2. DBradD

DBradD

Although I don't know about his exact scheme, I think he's right in general. I even read an article the other day describing why leg extensions are actually bad for knee joint stability. I think it was at t-nation.

Not claiming to be an expert, but my current "leg" routine is several sets of squats and then several sets of front squats then stretch and go home. I do a bunch of sets of deadlifts 4 days later, stretch, and go home. I do megacraploads of back extensions (3x10, 6 days/week during the CFWU and 3x35 during one of my favorite WoD) which make my hammies much sorer than leg curls, so I don't even do them.

3. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

He's right. Leg curls and extensions are okay for rehab of injuries, but a waste of time for building muscle. Stick with squats and deadlifts. Do stifflegged deads to hit the hammies harder.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

I agree with ateamer. My personal preference is to do squats and stiff-legged deads on on day. Another day do front squats and dls.

Just my $0.02

5. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found