close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lefty Glock shooters / Mag release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Icecorps, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Icecorps

Icecorps

How do you lefty Glock shooters handle the mag release button? My father is getting started in IPSC and wants to know. Is there a mod for the gun, or a special technique?

2. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I prefer the standard release, as opposed to the extended. So on my G34 I swapped in a standard release. I use my middle finger of my left hand to press the release.

3. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

Use your trigger finger. Works for me. it also keeps your trigger finger out of the trigger housing while loading.. :)

On the slide release I generally "sling shot" it anyway and don't user the release. Just never got in the habit of doing that.

Trigger finger generally works best on the "mag" release.

Good luck and be safe.

Jeff.

4. Leigh Nadler

Leigh Nadler

I have been shooting IPSC for 3 years and find the trigger finger works best for the mag release. This assures that your finger is off the trigger during reloads and avoids AD's. I find the "competition" style extended mag release is TOO big and I inadverdantly apply pressure on the release with my trigger finger and can drop the magazine.
    I therefore now use the "Factory Extended Magazine Release" from GLOCK. It is the same size as the stock release, but sticks out slightly more. It is very easy to use and works great!!
    I also "slingshot" or rack the slide if I was in slide-lock during a reload. For a "lefty" its a quicker way to drop the slide.

5. eljay45

eljay45 NRA member

trigger finger works for me.

6. byerly

byerly The Catalyst Millennium Member

I took an extended release and sanded it down some. Now it's a little bigger than a stock one. Works good for me and does not bite into my middle finger. Usually when I slam a mag in, the slide will drop itself. When that dosent happen I reach up with my right hand and trip the release. Works for me.

7. rotorhead

rotorhead

I use middle finger(The Bird)with the trigger finger on the slide.Quicker to get back on target with your shooting grip intact.:cool:

8. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

As a lefty I prefer the mag release on the left side. Tell your dad to count his blessings, buy a Dillon, and get out to the match.