Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been practicing quick magazine changes. Being left handed, comments accepted, the mag rel has a very sharp edge which digs into the finger. I know I can dremel it smooth but I was wondering if there is an OEM button for the mag rel that is more rounded?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Back when I would use the OEM extended Gen 3 mag release (that thing sticks out for miles) I would take a sanding sponge and sand it down (out of the frame) using a circular motion and light pressure.

This made the mag release much more comfortable and rounded.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Do you know what model of Glock is at issue? We sure don't...and that can make a difference in your MAGAZINE CATCH options.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know what model of Glock is at issue? We sure don't...and that can make a difference in your MAGAZINE CATCH options.
All of my G3's have a very sharp forward edge. It works great if you are releasing the mag with the right hand thumb. The way I do it is to use my left hand index finger and if you do not come way back on the button the edge is very sharp. Of course you would have to do it many many times to cause a real problem but it is still uncomfortable doing it a few times.

PS it is not the magazine catch but the magazine release button.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back when I would use the OEM extended Gen 3 mag release (that thing sticks out for miles) I would take a sanding sponge and sand it down (out of the frame) using a circular motion and light pressure.

I wil try that. I think my dremel would be uncontrollable so the song idea is great.

This made the mag release much more comfortable and rounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts