Lees customer service number??

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GlockSupremacy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. GlockSupremacy

GlockSupremacy Recycle Kids!

I tried the main one on their website and it just rang for 5 minutes.

Anyway in the mean time i suppose i could tell you why i need to call them.

I started sizing/depriming .223 rounds on a single stage and no matter how much i cam over the press i cant get the die to bump the shoulder back far enough. I am checking this with a dillon case guage and verified that it is not going back far enough by making a dummy round and putting it in the ar-15, yep pretty sticky on extraction.

The problem seems to be that the shell holder (that came with the lee dies) is too thick for the die. I would just file the shell holder, but i know there is no way i am getting through tool steel that way.

I have read of people with the same problem using "stones" to take 2 thou off the base of the die....but i would rather not. IF anything ill pay to have a machine shop take some off the top of the shell holder, if lee has no fix.

Suggestions?? Phone number???

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. kubura

kubura

(262) 673-3075

3. GlockSupremacy

Thats the number i called!

I suppose they could just be really busy right now....

I shall try again.

ETA: or closed

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. dudel

dudel

Maybe closed on President's day?

PPU headstamp on the brass? Had that happen with that brass, no other. Ended up tossing that brass.

5. GlockSupremacy

It was mostly federal brass and it was damn close to spec. Though i do have PPU headstamp brass, so ill make sure to look out for it.

I actually just got done filling the shell holder and got the extra clearance i needed. Now the shell holder just touches the die and the brass is sized perfect to my AR's chamber. It also passes the case gauge obviously.

It just sucks when things don't work right out of the box....the story of my life lol.

Encase anyone else has this problem, it looks like i just polished the top of the shell holder. Very, very little material was removed.