close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lee upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by sjones, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sjones

sjones Millennium Member

I have the lee breech lock anniversary single stage and have been reloading 7.62x39 for accuracy.Now I'm thinking about buying a lee cast turret press.I already have the safety prime system on my single stage.What extras would I need besides the press and carbide dies.Its for a 9mm.Thanks. sj

2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

From this thread Using Midway USA.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198270

Lee Auto-Disk Powder Measure Riser
    Product #: 114080 $7.19

Lee Carbide 3-Die Set 9mm Luger
    Product #: 140349 $25.99

Lee Taper Crimp Die 9mm Luger
    Product #: 274765 $10.99

Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure
    Product #: 348753 $33.99

Lee Classic 4 Hole Turret Press
    Product #: 814175 $94.99

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:supergrin:

4. fredj338

fredj338

The CC is a good ss press, but since you already have a useable ss press & want to "upgrade" within the Lee family, why not a classic turret?:dunno:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. Run&Shoot

Run&Shoot

How do you like the breech lock feature on the single stage? I have an older Challenger with screw in dies, and then got a Classic Turret press which I like a lot. The breech lock system seems like you would have the convenience that turrets give, although you still have to load in batches.

I like the Safety Prime on the classic turret press and the fact that it has a used primer disposal tube through the ram. Not sure if the regular turret press has those available.

6. Bultx1215

Bultx1215

No, it sure doesn't. Those little buggers go all over the place too. I lost a live one today, too.:wow:

OP, just make sure whichever one you get has the Auto Disc Pro Powder measure. I just upgraded mine on the Lee Turret and its tons and tons better than the standard Auto disc.:cool:

7. RustyFN

RustyFN

Not knowing what your needs are as long as you don't need thousands of rounds per month the classic turret is a great upgrade. I just loaded 400 rounds of 9mm Tuesday night on mine. With filling the powder measure, filling the primer tray, double checking the dies and powder measure and loading it took 2.5 hours. I load 9mm, 38/357, 45 auto and 223 on mine and can load all of those at that rate. It's just a comfortable pace, I'm not trying to rush.

8. creophus

creophus Born Again

Classic Cast Turret for the Win!

9. sjones

sjones Millennium Member

I'm going to get the classic turret from lee.I will only shoot maybe 100 to 200 per month.I have the old 3 hole turret at one time and never had a bit of a problem. sj I should say I'm going to be reloading 9mm.I went to walmart this morning anf they had no 9 of any brand.That pretty much decided me.

10. Bultx1215

Bultx1215

You will like it. I have the std turret and load just about everything on it with zero issues. May not be as fast as a larger progressive, but then it only costs 1/4 what they do.

FWIW, if you need a powder drop.......http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194636. Deal with confidence....I did.:cool:...oops...all gone. :(