Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a direct order from Lee Precision and for those of you looking for a first press they have some Breech Lock Challengers for $60.00. They also have 4 Hole turrets for $9. They have full 2 year guarantee.

Don't mean to sound like a Lee commercial but thought I'd pass the info along.

Art

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
I thought all Lee equipment was factory seconds. :couch:

Jack

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,186 Posts
Looking at some of the prices. You can get a new one for about the same price.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hmm, I dont need it, but for $9....

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,186 Posts
I was looking at the Lee Classic Turret press. Lee has two one for 74.00 and one for 97.00. Natchez has new ones on sale for 87.49. But if you need everything you are a lot better off get the package deal from Kempf gun shop.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's a $9 turret, not a $9 turret press.

-StaTiK-
Yea that makes more sence, I didnt order because of the old saying "if it looks to good to be true......."

That I couldnt think of a use for it anyway. Thanks

·
Malcontent
11,682 Posts
Just got a direct order from Lee Precision
Art
Really? You should be okay. When you start getting direct orders from your dog, you need to get some help. :whistling:

·
Banned
24 Posts
I thought all Lee equipment was factory seconds. :couch:

Jack

I was going to say this...then decided on this...

A _________________________________(name your brand) in a factory second is better than any Lee first run product.

Yes, I am anti-Lee.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on my dumb azz.
Never again Lee, never again.

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
I was going to say this...then decided on this...

A _________________________________(name your brand) in a factory second is better than any Lee first run product.

Yes, I am anti-Lee.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on my dumb azz.
Never again Lee, never again.
Dang it Sonic. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. :supergrin:

·
Banned
24 Posts
Dang it Sonic. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. :supergrin:
Kinda sad...but I WAS holding back. That is how bad the Lee experience was. I'm not the only one. If I can stop 1 (just 1, sort of like "Beyond Scared Straight" but different) guy from buying a huge waste of time Lee press (I admit that about 1.5% actually function at a tolerable level for short periods) I will be happy.

I know there are the "tinkerer's" on here who think they are able to fix anything. no doubt, I could have fixed my Load Master, and made it what it SHOULD have been. But when I counted my time (excluding materiels because I never even priced that part of it out) was as much as the coast of the original press. Fortunately, I am doggedly persistant, educated enough that phone bullies can't out talk me ( and a letter from my attorney with a file full of documented facts) found me a return of 100%. I then ordered a LNL AP and have successfully reloaded 900 or so rounds (I started out with 10,000 primers and have used them all up...only actually loaded about 65 or so rounds with the LM...the other 35 or so had flipped, smashed, sideways or just missing primers) with ZERO primer issues.
Let me say this: the average internet user is easily led astray (myself included). I went to an unnamed website where the LM "experts" hang out. When I posted my issues the first cry and hue was "your LM is NOT mounted strong enough" or "the press can't move the bench at all" or other crap like that. Here we are 5 month later and Lee releases a loading bench that can't weigh more than 25 pounds, and is completely secure. Obviously, I called Lee and asked them about it and in true Lee fashion, they assured me that was all the mounting you need with the LM. Yet 5 months ago Lee's first words out of their mouths were "your bench is not riged enough".

Again, they are liars and hypocrites.

Lee = GARBAGE.

And yes Dudel, I'm still holding back:wavey:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts