Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,230 Posts
I have 3 of the auto drums, So far they have been fast and easy to adjust and very accurate. I have many been using them during testing different powders. Now I have the one for 45 acp on the 450 instead of using the Dillon powder measure.
I would also suggest getting a better scale.

Reactions: WeeWilly

10,230 Posts
I like the Dillon Eliminator beam scale. I also have RCBS digital and Charge master scale. With any scale you will want to get check weights. It's the only way you will know if your scale is reading right or not. I personally know of two beam scales that went bad.
A good digital scale like the Dillon also is good if you do a lot of like weighting bullets. Scales is one thing you do not want to go cheap on.

10,230 Posts
Newglocker
Tell you what. PM your address and name and I will send you a very slightly used Lee Auto Drum. I have 3 and probably will never get around to load .30 cal carbine that I got it for.

10,230 Posts
If you take out the key on the auto drum I don't see how it would ever change.

10,230 Posts
Your welcome
Just let us know what you think of it compared to the other disk powder measure.

10,230 Posts
If someone made (3D printed?) disks for the Lee Auto Disk with cavities sized between Lee's offerings (e.g., .47 and .48 where Lee offers .46 and .49), I'd be interested. I don't know why Lee doesn't do that themselves.
Just get the auto drum it will throw whatever you want. With out all the trouble of the disks.

10,230 Posts
You can get extra drums set them for what you want and there is a place on the drum where you can mark what that drum throughs. I’m working with as light as you can go loads and still work. No disk worked for me so I drilled and taped the disk that was bigger than what I wanted and dialed it in. But still had the problem of them leaking, spring hanging up etc. I had three of them. So I sold them and got the drum 110% better than the disk. Don’t think it was ever taken me more than two minutes to dial what I want in. I use it now when wanting to test different loads. Lot easier than dragging out the Charge Master letting it warm up, calibration then checking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.