Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here using the Lee auto disk powder measure?

I have one that i was reviewing the data on and have a question.

Loading 9mm with Unique and the chart that comes with it shouws that the .57 disk should be approximated 5.2 grains, but upon measuring the throw, the scale (lee scale) indicated 4.4 grains.

When i use the .61, should be around 5.6 but scale shows the throw at 4.8.

ive zered the scale many times so i'm confident in its accuracy, and realize the data fr the disk Lee provides are approximates, but does everyone else experience such a great variance?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i just wanted to see if anyone else was running into that as well, which it seems so.

I'll do throws and take notes on the disks that seem to be where I want to be 5.2, 5.4, and 5.6 Unique to go with 124 gran Speer Gold Point HP

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really appreciate everyone's input on this.

I am kind of on a budget so my thinking is rather than investing in drum and a new scale, i'm going to put into nice scale now with check weights, and then do as schrag4 mentions, weigh and create my own table for the auto disks.

Then, maybe next year get a drum or something nicer like that Redding 3 Powder Measure.

Need to get new gun belt and holster for my new G19, gotta spread funds :)

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Willy, really struggling with this Lee scale. Having hard time same weight of one charge, just taking it off and putting it back on. Also the little lines to line up vernier style are killing my 53 year old eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.