Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the multi tools thread a few weeks ago I mentioned my old Core, which I had broken the plier jaws on through abuse and negligent operation; I had written it off years ago, and since I broke the tool I was prepared to simply absorb the loss. I was encouraged to contact Leatherman to see if the damage was covered;
0427201828a_HDR.jpg

I went on the Leatherman website and discovered that their tools have a 25 year no questions asked warranty. I completed a very simple online form which included 3 options for the warranty, which were: ....1, they could repair my Leatherman and return it to me.... 2, if for some reason they could not repair it or replace it with the same model, they would replace it with a comparable model..... 3, if they could not repair it and it had sentimental value they would send it back as-is...( I chose,option 2)..

They immediately emailed me a return form and on April 30 I mailed the old broken Core back....

Today in the mail I got a package a new Supertool 300 to replace the Core, which has been discontinued for years;
0515201317a.jpg

I am VERY pleased with Leatherman's customer service, and with my new Leatherman. I think the Supertool 300 is actually nicer than the Core was, and the turn around was right at 2 weeks.

A big thanks to Green Dragoon, Wake Jumper, Rokitt, and the other guys for encouraging me to follow up with Leatherman, and to Leatherman for a great product and excellent customer service!:cheers:

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Leatherman CS definitely rocks. I’ve had two tools repaired under warranty no hassles

·
bene vivere
2,137 Posts
I own two multi-tools that I have sent back to Gerber for repair or replacement. One was replaced and the other was repaired and looked like new. They were returned to me within three weeks in brand new sheaths.

Gerber is a great company!:waving:

·
Banned
600 Posts
I have original SOG multitool when they came out. Broke jaws twice trying to do more than it should. Sent them back and they fixed them plus clean and resharpened blades. Now I just know what not to do and it's been at least 20 years now with no more issues. They will back them up alright. My Leatherman is too heavy for daily use but do take it with me when wilderness fishing/camping and hunting. It stays in my truck.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I had a similar experience with an out of production Leatherman. As in your case, they replaced mine with a similar product no questions asked.

BTW, I also have a Supertool 300. It is my favorite multitool.

Reactions: rangerjd

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
That's good to know. I have two Leathermans that I ran hard and need repair.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
Leatheman is king, I think I own five or six different models

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was a survival instructor for the US Army back in 84-85. They issued me a Leatherman and I've had one every since. Their customer service is outstanding and they make a really good, durable product. I've had other tool knives made by Schade, Gerber etc, yet I always come back to my Leatherman.

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
In the multi tools thread a few weeks ago I mentioned my old Core, which I had broken the plier jaws on through abuse and negligent operation; I had written it off years ago, and since I broke the tool I was prepared to simply absorb the loss. I was encouraged to contact Leatherman to see if the damage was covered;
View attachment 757876

I went on the Leatherman website and discovered that their tools have a 25 year no questions asked warranty. I completed a very simple online form which included 3 options for the warranty, which were: ....1, they could repair my Leatherman and return it to me.... 2, if for some reason they could not repair it or replace it with the same model, they would replace it with a comparable model..... 3, if they could not repair it and it had sentimental value they would send it back as-is...( I chose,option 2)..

They immediately emailed me a return form and on April 30 I mailed the old broken Core back....

Today in the mail I got a package a new Supertool 300 to replace the Core, which has been discontinued for years;
View attachment 757880

I am VERY pleased with Leatherman's customer service, and with my new Leatherman. I think the Supertool 300 is actually nicer than the Core was, and the turn around was right at 2 weeks.

A big thanks to Green Dragoon, Wake Jumper, Rokitt, and the other guys for encouraging me to follow up with Leatherman, and to Leatherman for a great product and excellent customer service!:cheers:
It appears I'm six months late to your thread. I'm glad it worked out for you. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
But weren’t all us gun owners supposed to cancel Leatherman a couple years back for some perceived infraction? I am confused. Can’t keep up with who I’m suppose to support and not.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
But weren’t all us gun owners supposed to cancel Leatherman a couple years back for some perceived infraction? I am confused. Can’t keep up with who I’m suppose to support and not.
You're asking the wrong the guy. The product/services that GT tells me I should boycott and keep on using to date are:
Amazon
Levi
Nike
Benchmade
Leatherman
Subaru
United Airlines (I have a million miles now)
Netflix
etc.

Reactions: ChiliRacer
1 - 16 of 16 Posts