Leather shoulder system for glock

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by david19, Mar 17, 2018.

1. david19

david19

Hello everyone!
    I'm new member at this forum. I have been searching shoulder holster for my glock19. My friend recently purchased from amazon
    https ://www.amazon.com/dp/B0776MNV77 He said "This holster so comfortable than ever used before and very good quality." I think about order but i never used shoulder system before. I always carry kydex and owb. I travel a lot is it difficult to use for me?

WeeWilly and BengalBacker like this.
  2. glock1097

glock1097

Personally I’ve heard very little about that holster more you can get a top tier shoulder system. Such as Galco, DeSantis, Aker or Kirkpatrick. There are a few others I didn’t name because I’m unfamiliar with their product.
    You will have to dress around holster with a coat or unbuttoned shirt. But they’re easy to take on and off. Plus you have your weapon and ammo ready to go.
    The hardest part of the shoulder holster is it getting it properly adjusted to you. It allows accessibility while seated. But as you draw you will sweep those around you. If someone is close to you as you draw they can defeat the draw. All things to bear in mind if it’s right for you.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    janice6, rayzer007 and slamdunc like this.

3. david19

david19

Thank you for your response. My friend says same quality with those brands but better price. I will keep in my mind thank you for recommend.

glock1097 likes this.
  4. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier NRA Benefactor

I have always bought Top Name Brand holsters. I needed a shoulder rig for a SIG 5" Hunter. The only one I could find was Master Leather Holsters? Bought one based on reviews. It will be here in a week. They promise a full refund if you are not satisfied. They offer a less expensive "Fits" all rig for under $70 dollars?:drillsgt:

5. rayzer007

rayzer007

Alessi, Ritchie Leather, Mitch Rosen Express line, Galco Miami Vice, Tagua. Take your time, look them all over, pick a brand name. Consider used off EBay too. Shoulder holsters are usually not too comfortable (esp w/ Glock 19); but your friend likes his, can you borrow it for a try?

6. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I have 2 Galco Miami Classics, love them. One for my 9mm and .40 cals, G26, G19 and G23. One for my 10mm and .45 cals, G20, G29 and G30S.

I bought one out of the classifieds on here last June like new for $80. I bought the other one a few weeks ago in an ebay auction, new in the packaging for $99. Both normally sell for $158 most places.

About 2 weeks ago I bought my wife a Galco Classic Lite in the classifieds here for $50, like new other than the seller had sized it to himself and cut the excess straps but it's going to work for my wife. It's much thinner leather than the regular Miami Classic and just has a single mag pouch instead of dual, I'd recommend the regular Miami Classic over it but it would be okay for limited use.

My point is, unless you are in a huge rush to get one, I'd be patient, check ebay regularly and the classifieds here every day, and buy a name brand instead of the one you linked. It might be great, but there's something to be said for buying something with a reputation over an unknown, especially if you wait for a good deal.

PS, Welcome to the board!

Cynthia7421, glock1097 and janice6 like this.
  7. kgjl

kgjl

I have bought several nearly new Galco rigs on ebay for $100.
    Galco brand gives you ready access to parts and pieces if you ever needed them.
    I like the rigs, but seldom use them.

Cynthia7421, glock1097 and janice6 like this.
  8. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I am not familiar with the holster in your link.

I have a Galco Miami Classic for my Glock 20, I use frequently when I am out in the sticks. It is an excellent product.

The only advice I can offer is I really like the smooth leather of the Galco. I had a cheaper shoulder rig that had a suede like finish and it would snag on anything woven, printing big time that I was wearing a shoulder rig.

fredj338 and BengalBacker like this.
  9. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

I have a Galco Miami Classic II for my Glock 19. Works very well. As mentioned above, it takes some trial and error to get it adjusted just right. The shoulder rig is not good for all occasions but is excellent in some situations. Biggest drawback I have found is that you have to keep your cover garment (typically a coat) on all the time. Can get uncomfortable if you go somewhere warm where you are dying to take your coat off but can't.

10. KentuckyPatriot

KentuckyPatriot Photojournalist

Not entirely...I have a couple lightweight fishing style shirts that are one size bigger and wear my shoulder holster under the shirt. Replace a button or two with velcro or snaps. Sew button back onto the outside of the shirt to look normal. Now you have a simple way to access your firearm and your cover allows for light and airy carry. As with all carry types and locations, you have to practice and adjust your draw accordingly.

It can be done and does not mean that your cover needs to be a coat.

arnold ziffle likes this.