Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
S&W, SigSauer, H&K, Winchester, and Glock
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I could get some others advise besides the maker of this custom holster to if this mark is a flaw or just part of leather? I have ordered appx 4 or so of this exact holster from custom leather maker and none of them have any marks or other issues that might be considered a blemish. I contacted maker and they replied that it was part of holsters character and all. I just don’t understand why they would put on front of there was any mark or other potential issues cosmetically.

Attachments

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is both a flaw and part of the holster's character.
I agree about flaw, and am gonna have to accept character as well. Its not a real world problem or anything, I was more or less curious as its probably only the 8-10th leather holster we have ever had and trying to learn. Thank you.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
I agree about flaw, and am gonna have to accept character as well. Its not a real world problem or anything, I was more or less curious as its probably only the 8-10th leather holster we have ever had and trying to learn. Thank you.
Aesthetics can be a difficult subject. I consider that a beauty mark, but I also understand why others would not.

Do you consider Marilyn Monroe more or less beautiful without the mole? How about more or less attractive?

It's an appropriate amount of counterpoint, and shows that the holster is made of natural leather. It's a nice little detail.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Generally if I've paid top $ for a quality item, I would expect better.
Practically speaking, with use, that mark will be one of many it acquires over the years.

If it really is a concern, contact the maker again and let them know you are less than fully satisfied with your purchase and see what remedy they offer.

·
1911 lover
10,182 Posts
For a standard duty holster i would not care.. for a high end custom maker that would not fly... i use my gear so getting wear on a gun or holster is no big deal.

Kramer leather.. even their mass produced stuff has beyond high quality standards.. and would not send that out.. dont know who made it.. if it bothers you i would have a grown up discussion... it looks well made to me. Even kramer holsters that i own many of.. or dillon have come better looking than that..

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Generally if I've paid top $ for a quality item, I would expect better.
Practically speaking, with use, that mark will be one of many it acquires over the years.

If it really is a concern, contact the maker again and let them know you are less than fully satisfied with your purchase and see what remedy they offer.
I contacted them and they said it was a common thing and more or less brushed it off. I know in the past from another maker, TT Gunleather he made me one with regular leather instead of the elephant I had ordered so he had me keep the mistake and promptly made another and sent it out at no extra charge. His service was outstanding.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For a standard duty holster i would not care.. for a high end custom maker that would not fly... i use my gear so getting wear on a gun or holster is no big deal.

Kramer leather.. even their mass produced stuff has beyond high quality standards.. and would not send that out.. dont know who made it.. if it bothers you i would have a grown up discussion... it looks well made to me. Even kramer holsters that i own many of.. or dillon have come better looking than that..
It is well made without a doubt. Its just the mark that I had the question about and came to them, and this forum for further info. Thanks.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
We have a barn full of saddles, from custom working grade to show leather.

And that does not look to be natural character that’s often seen (and desired) on custom leather.

More like a boo-boo made by someone or something in the shop.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have a barn full of saddles, from custom working grade to show leather.

And that does not look to be natural character that’s often seen (and desired) on custom leather.

More like a boo-boo made by someone or something in the shop.
Yikes! If that's the case I would expect more from this company as they have been around for awhile and have great reviews from everything I have ever read.

·
real dogs
2,600 Posts
Couple ways to look at it. First it aint a forged billet, its leather. Even perfect leather isnt perfect. Second, was it advertised as show quality? If so they should make good. If service grade then maybe they should include ddisclaimer. Many leather products Ive had have said up front that its leather!
And I look in the mirror in the morning and Man, thats character! Make a poor da$# holster though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts