close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leather bunker boots?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by oldstyle, Jan 28, 2006.

1. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

I'm interested to hear comments about leather bunker boots. What brands have you tried? What brands have held up well?
    The rubbers have been fine for urban use but I'm spending much more time in the woods, and in mobile homes where overhaul seems to drag out for hours. What info can you offer about the different boots available?

2. tc2129

tc2129

I currently use Warrington Pro. I have had the same pair for like 34 years now and I will never go back to rubber boots again. The boots I have are the leather lowers with the Kevlar uppers. To me they are like tennis shoes, even with the steel to.

3. Pa Glock guy

Pa Glock guy

I use the Warrington Pros with the leather lower and kevlar upper also. They are very comfortable and durable. Ive worm mine for a year or so. The city I work for issues us rubber boots but a few of us have bought our own. I doubt if youll have this problem down in Florida but with a pair of insulated socks they are suprisingly warm in the winter time. You wont be disapointed.

4. justfish

justfish

I too have had the Warringtons w/ kevlar. I think they are about as good as you can get. Any leather boot is by far the best $ you will spend on this job. I got mine off Ebay for about $175. There is a guy on there that sells factory seconds for quite a bit less. Mine had a pull strap restitched, but other than that were brand new. Saved about $75 for it. I believe it's Bootman77.
    I saw that JFRD brush truck in the other post. I work right below you in St. Johns Co.
    Stay Safe.

5. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

justfish
    You weren't onscene when my ladder truck burned on I-95 were you?

6. justfish

justfish

;f
    Nope, but was working that day and should have been second in on that. I cant remember if we were on another call or something. I heard it go down on radio. Was it a total loss? I saw some pics and it didnt look good.

7. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

It's only hope is as an organ doner. The chassis and aerial are junk.

8. justfish

justfish

It's OK ya'll have what 20 or so ladders?;) They probrably didnt even know we burned it up for a couple of weeks.
    Should have picked up your boots at Fire rescue east this past weekend. I quess a few of my buddies got good deals on some.

9. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

I went but ran short on time. What type of deals did they get?

10. justfish

justfish

Alot of guys got BlackDiamond for $200.
    I prefer the Warringtons. I had a friends to try on before and I knew they fit so I felt comfortable ordering online. Plus I always liked the look if the square toe. FDNY-like. Thats about as squirrely as I get.
    ;)

11. ffemt30

ffemt30

I started out wearing the rubber boots my company issued to me but quickly switched the leathers. I've tried about 3 different brands of leather boots but I'm definitely sold on Warrington Pro Boots. I have both bunker boots for my turn out gear (the new ones with the toe savers) and also a pair of the 10" zips for station wear and for when i'm working EMT shifts...Warrington makes GREAT BOOTS

12. Joey

Joey Millennium Member

Warrington Pro 5000's for me:cool:

Hd rubber boots, but my back/knees are not the greatest and after wearing the rubber boots my back would scream for several days. Purchased the 5000's from a guy on ebay & love them to death, they are a tad narrow, but my back and knees hust so much less it's amazing.

13. STEPUP

STEPUP

They absolutely suck in the wintertime. Way too slippery to walk anywhere with any confidence. In the summer they ROCK.

14. kyfirefreak

kyfirefreak

In know im a little late but. . .
    I got the Kevlar/Leather Warington Pro's, love em to death. Need a little break in time but as long as you take care of them, keep em clean - use a little saddle soap every now & then they'll hold up great. I've had mine for about 4 years now & are fine.

15. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Update: I went with the all leather Warrington Pro 3009. The size is the same as I wear in normal shoes. I've only used them for one brush fire and a MVA but so far I'm pleased. Paid $175 new on ebay.