Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, long time no post. The damn busuness world wraps you.

I am looking to get a laser for my glock and I am not sure where to start or what I will see. Can you goys point me in the right direction?
Thanks!!

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
You won't want for choices!

1) Onboard/Inboard dedicated laser: Crimson Trace & LaserMax

2) Combination tac light & laser: Take your pick!

I favor the separate laser & light approach, along with night sights, because multiple system failure is unlikely, and most contingencies are covered, with a gun so equipped.

On my G21 I went with Meprolight Sights, LaserMax, and SureFire X200A.

On Judy's G19 I went with XS Big Dot Sights, LaserMax, and SureFire X200B.

I feel the latter choice is superior for a defensive pistol that sees less range time--you'd really have to screw up to miss with this set up! :freak:

The merits of both the onboard Crimson Trace and inboard LaserMax have been bantered about in this forum, logically and otherwise. The strength of opinions on this issue have been surprisingly strong.

The fact is, they're both excellent products.

Figure $250.00 + for the laser, either way.

You can see most of the products mentioned at, http://www.midwayusa.com/ , but definitely do shop!

--Ray

·
Registered
485 Posts
I seem to recall that Lasermax doesn't warranty their lasers for compensated guns. Better check it out.

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
Originally posted by kengps
I seem to recall that Lasermax doesn't warranty their lasers for compensated guns. Better check it out.

I have an 05 and an 06 LaserMax, and neither mention any such exclusions in their warranty information--and why would they?

The guide rod/recoil spring assembly lies beneath the barrel, while the gas jets are cut in the top of the barrel, and vent through a cutout in the slide, nowhere near the LaserMax unit.

Maybe older LaserMax units had such an exclusion, or maybe the exclusion (if it existed) pertained to aftermarket porting/compensating.

--Ray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Nightwalker447
Hi guys, long time no post. The damn busuness world wraps you.

I am looking to get a laser for my glock and I am not sure where to start or what I will see. Can you goys point me in the right direction?
Thanks!!
I like the lasergrips. I have them on all my Glocks. .02 worth

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a 21C with a Lasermax in it. I had to shoot a 5 shot group with the lasermax in and see where it shot. I was about 3 inches high, lasermax told me to send them the shot group and the laser and they did a custom allignment on it. Now its dead on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts