close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leaking Car Crash Turns Deadly

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DonGlock26, Mar 1, 2010.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Wash. man electrocuted by urinating on power line

Mar 1 04:53 PM US/Eastern

MONTESANO, Wash. (AP) - Authorities believe a Washington man was killed by accidentally urinating on a downed power line after a car crash.

Grays Harbor County sheriff's Deputy Dave Pimentel (PIM'-en-tel) said Monday 50-year-old Roy Messenger was not seriously hurt after he collided with a power pole Friday and called a relative to pull his car from a ditch.

However, family members found Messenger electrocuted when they arrived.

Pimentel says Messenger apparently urinated into a roadside ditch but didn't see the live wire. The urine stream likely served as a conductor, allowing the electricity to reach his body.

Pimentel says there will be an autopsy but burn marks indicated the way the electricity traveled through Messenger's body.

http://www.breitbart.com/print.php?id=D9E62II80&show_article=1

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Wonder if he was drunk, they frequently have to urinate after a crash.

3. p.d.

p.d.

Any farm kid where they use electric fences could have told you that was not a good move.

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Why would anyone leave an exposed live wire in a roadside ditch? I've seen photos of people killed by electrocution, and the burn marks don't lie. Oh I see a lawsuit coming.

5. glock192327

glock192327 Where is eye

That hurts just thinking about it...

6. beavo451

beavo451

The article states that he hit a power pole. Maybe they should sue himself for knocking the power line over to the place where he wanted to "go"?

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Seeing how it was a high power line... I doubt he felt much at all.

8. 9L82

9L82 Caffeine Addled

Talk about a piss shiver!

9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Quite true, they never have to do #2.

#2 deployed on the front seat a split second before the air bags when they saw that pole approaching at a high rate of speed...

I did a stint at the local power company (computer stuff), but big storms that downed a lot of lines would require even contractors be dragged out of the office to guard the down lines. We went to training and everything. One story making the rounds, a line hit a backyard fence, electrified it. Skunk walking by had the same idea as the guy in the story above, sprayed the fence, and the fence sprayed back.

So imagine the poor guy stuck in the summer guarding a fried skunk... :rofl:

Dumbass made the mistake of mentioning it to dispatch. Guess who was waiting for like 32 hours for relief so he could leave? :dunno:

One thing they mentioned in the class, if a fence is hit by a power line, all those chain link fences down the block are usually tied together, they can all be hot, along with the gate. So you guys be careful if there are down power lines, they hit anything metal, like aluminum siding, house connected to a fence, etc, you get the idea.

The other thing that stood out, if a power line is on your car, you're basically safe. Now, if the car is leaking gas, or you want to get out of the car, don't step out of the car. You touch the metal car, your feet hit the ground, YOU complete the circuit. So stand on the doorjam, and JUMP away from the car. make sure you're not touching the car by the time your feet hit the ground.

I had fun one time, was down the street from a friends house in the Grosse Ptes, but I was on the Detroit side of Alter. So I knew a great pizzaria down the street. I call them up to order food delivered. "What's your address". "Don't have one". "What? Where are you" "In the alley off of xxxx west of Alter (in Detroit)... lol.. Took quite a bit of explaining to get them to deliver a pizza to an alley in Detroit... Can't understand why???

Randy

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member