LE Distributor for Sigs P365XL

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sharkey, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Sharkey

Sharkey

Haven't bought anything in awhile and don't have a handgun with a RDS so I figured I'd try a Sig P365XL with the Romeo Zero RDS combo. I've looked around and tried 2 places but everyone seems out of stock what with all the panic buying.

Anyone been in a cop shop lately and saw one for sale? Obviously looking for LE pricing.
    Also if you have one, what do you think about it? My usual work carry is a G26L with a spare mag. Nothing wrong with it but thought I might try something new.

2. SAR

SAR CLM

I bought a Sig P365 and the P365XL through the Department gunstore earlier this year. I believe it as LE pricing. The 365XL has since become my favorite concealed carry. There really is no reason for me to carry the P365 as the XL conceals just as well while offering better capacity, handling and a longer barrel. If I had to do it over again I would have just gone with the XL by itself.

I have no use the the Romeo Zero and have not heard great things about it.

Sharkey likes this.

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

I haven't shot a handgun with a RDS and hear a learning curve is involved. What bad things have you heard?

Ohio Cop likes this.
  4. pgg00

pgg00

The romeo (that I've heard) isn't holding up to abuse.

5. Ftttu

Ftttu

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/247883

I would call this place tomorrow to see what they say.(updated ***I see online sales are suspended...sorry)

The 365XL is my next gun, but i just don't want the RDS for ccw. I was hoping GT Distrubutors had them, but I only see the regular and the SAS 365 there on their site.

FlyingNinja and Sharkey like this.
  6. blueiron

blueiron

Sharkey likes this.
  7. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Theh are still selling online.

If anyone needs Vances LE reps’ contact info, PM me.

Ftttu likes this.
  8. SAR

SAR CLM

Most people I know with Romeo Zeros report premature battery failures and other problems making me question their reliability. Also take note that if you buy the P366XL with Romeo Zero installed, it doesn’t come with a cover plate. If you call SIG they will tell you slide cover plates are not available by themselves. That’s a bit of a problem if you ever decide to take the Romeo zero off.

I bought my P365XL to be a great concealed carry gun. If I want to mess with an RDS, I’ll just mount it on one of my full size Glocks.

Ohio Cop likes this.
  9. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

I've heard good things about the Holosun 507K and Shield RMSc. I have a Shield RMS on a Glock 19 MOS.

I thought Sig was going to release a metal version of the RomeoZero.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. Sharkey

Sharkey

I contacted them yesterday and got VM but it was late in the afternoon. I will try later this morning. That pricing seems good for the package.

Yeah the no cover plate would seem to be typical Sig. I ordered a surplus 2340 from CDNN for $250. Took it to range and it was misfiring. TC to Sig and they say send it in. I ask about a short trigger while there and small grips for it and they say no can do, parts for those are in short supply. It comes back with the short trigger and small grips. They changed out a trigger spring I think but notations are there were no issues firing it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Newcop761 likes this.
  11. Sharkey

Sharkey

I bought a blue label Glock from them no issue. Maybe something has changed but from past purchases, I buy out of state and just pay the FFL shipping and no sales tax.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Ftttu likes this.
  12. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

Have a safe and Happy July 4th to all. Enjoy the freedom our forefathers fought for.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Ftttu likes this.
  13. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

Personally have stopped buying anything until at least 18-24 months after initial release. Been burnt on return shipping if they won’t send a call tag or once to many on a new model coming out 30 days after I just bought the latest. So far saved enough for a new P90. Still have to buy my own ammunition since going back to .45acp from the M&P 9mm that’s now issued.

14. JGIORD

JGIORD

365XL with a RMSc has beaten all for my EDC needs with a 15rd backup mag.

If you find it too small in the event you have large hands the P320 RXP X Compact is also a great gun and come with suppressor night sights and the RomeoPro 1

Sharkey likes this.
  15. lens

lens

Try Sig's Pro Shop directly. https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/facility/pro-shop

I'm pretty sure that they told me that they do offer LE pricing there with credentials. If they don't have it at the shop. your chance of getting it in a cop shop is probably slim. Shipping and FFL at your end is still likely to be less than retail.

Sharkey likes this.