Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Large member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at both of these and can't device.I've read good and bad about both.So what do people think?

·
Floyd
3,569 Posts
I love my LCP. It's been flawless.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
In all fairness my LCP ran great, however my BG 380 has a nicer grip, the slide locks back, has a laser, feels way more solid, & has a way smoother trigger.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Played with both; purchased the BG380.

More innovative, better ergos, REAL sights, slide hold-open, S&W...

Granted, I'm moving up from the old P32, but the BG just seemed like a better, overall buy; more bang for the buck, so to speak.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The Body Guard 380 is a big step up. A true slide lock/lever. Built in laser by Insight. A true set of dovetailed sights also. It's alot more solid gun and feels better built than the Keltec 380 or the LCP. Plus the price is competitive now.

·
Large member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.I read about trouble with the early BG's.I wasn't sure if S&W had ironed them out.Sounds like they have.Has any one come out with night sights yet?looks like I'll be sending my NAA down the road.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
I looked at both recently for a relative. I've owned an LCP since they came out. Since then, my wife, Dad, and Uncle all have their own.

Reliability...I cannot comment on the reliability of the bodyguard since I don't have firsthand knowledge. However I suspect it's fine. My family's LCPs have all been excellent.

Size...LCP is more contoured, which I think is a plus for pocket carry. That aside, they are comparible in size.

Price...to me, an LCP really is a point & shoot gun. The sights are poor. You can enhance it by getting a Crimson Trace laser, which I now have on our guns. Add a CT to the original cost of the gun makes it comparible to the bodyguard which includes a laser.

Sights...bodyguard beats LCP. Of course, the slick contours on the LCP and low profile sights make it ideal for drawing from a pocket.

Slide Lock...bodyguard beats LCP since it does have a slide that locks on empty.

In all, I think both guns are great for pocket carry. If slide lock is important to you, the Bodyguard would be a better choice.

·
We The People
150 Posts
I checked out the BG 380 last week at a local cop shop. It felt good in my hand. I would have bought it, but seeing as I already have two Gen 2 P3ATs and a Kahr P380, I felt that it would not fill any void in my pocket guns. The guy looking over my shoulder bought it before I left the shop. He tried to put his .02 in while the clerk and I were talking about the features and benefits. I think that I should have gotten some kind of commission, but no luck.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I have an LCP and was looking at the Bodyguard, since I don"t find the lcp to be very shootable.

In the end, I think I'm just going to save up for a PM9.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Where I buy my new guns they are the same price $ 299.95 so I will be getting the bodyguard!

·
Large member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
At the LEO store I frequent a town by me

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have one of the original LCPs and it has been perfect. With that said, I think the BG is a much better gun. I ordered one a few days ago after shooting a friends. I posted a quick review here if you search for it.

·
Stop the steal!
18,063 Posts
If anyone has one, I sure wouldn't mind seeing a photo of the LCP and BG together....

thanks

hog

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
My LCP has not given my any touble. This is a great pocket weapon and it is loaded with Hornady Critical Defense ammo.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I prefer the trigger pull, grip, and sights on the BG 380 over the LCP. I can't seem to adapt to the LCP grip well enough to shoot as well with it as I can with the BG380 or P238. (With or without the small magazine extension)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts