Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Yeah, 22LR can be finicky, and when a manufacturer recommends a specific ammo, I have found that they do so for a reason.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,191 Posts
Mine has been working reliably so long as the ammo ignites. :LOL: In other words, unless I get a dud round, my LCP-II .22 works reliably with a variety of .22LR ammo. Particularly, I have not have any failure with Aguila ammo - whether std. velocity, high-velocity or hyper velocity - in my LCP-II .22.
I love my new “kit gun”!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t see it’s purpose. It’s certainly no range gun and rimfire carry offers anemic power, poor bullet design, poor ignition reliability (compared to centerfire), and poor feeding reliability (due to the rimmed cartridge).
Sign me right up ;)
Lol..correct on all points. You will love it.
Or do you have one already :D

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I’m surprised this gun sells as well as it does.

I don’t see it’s purpose. It’s certainly no range gun and rimfire carry offers anemic power, poor bullet design, poor ignition reliability (compared to centerfire), and poor feeding reliability (due to the rimmed cartridge).

Sign me right up ;)
It's a good idea when you have no sharp sticks or rocks available. It just has no clout.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I’m surprised this gun sells as well as it does.

Sign me right up ;)
I feel like it's a easy packing toy for fun but close plinking, and used in that way, a great tool for practicing for .380 lcp carriers.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,909 Posts
I had one and enjoyed it. Would pick up another if I found a good deal. They make a lot of sense as a training pistol. Inexpensive ammo that can provide a lot of practice time. And even carry. As noted above, folks have different issues to deal with i.e. disability, injury, illness etc. This can provide a usable platform to them. They need to be proficient in clearing a malfunction with rimfire but then any one should be regardless of what they carry. Ruger sells everyone they make.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's one of the benefits of using the .22 as a trainer for my .380. The .380 doesn't malfunction, but the .22 occasionally does, and I get some practice.
I had an LCP .380 literally put thousands of jyounds thru it. I really can not recall even 1 malfunction. May have ben but they are dead ass reliable!!!

·
Registered
33,093 Posts
I think it is a great idea. Saw it in the American Rifleman. Pretty tempting.

Listed as heavier than my .380 LCP, which is 9.7 oz. I think the .22 is around 11oz or slightly more.

It'd be a great draw and shoot cans gun. From pocket, from concealed hoster, from ankle, from however you carry.

I think .380 is a much better defensive round, but the .22 would likely work. .22 rimfire has faults, but so does, .25, .32, .380, 9mm, and even 45.

I'd get the .22 just to shoot the snot out of it. Then carry the .380.

I always remember M2carbine shot out an LCP barrel (wore it out). So those LCP only have so many shots in them, not quite like the forever Glocks :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts