Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is sold on one as he said that it "fits his hand like it was made for it". Can't argue with that. He's got some older Ruger revolvers but the pistols are new to him. I just watched Hickock's review and it was the LC9 and he liked it. Long DA trigger pull but practice will help. Question, has anyone shot or own both and how does the striker fired trigger feel. Of course it'll be shorter than the DA, but is it smooth with clean break? Thanks, First shot.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Serious question?? o_O

I have a LC9 and it feels like that old double action Ruger revolver with 10lbs of rust in it. I wouldn't recommend an LC9 POS to anyone, and probably couldn't give it away on Gun Broker. But the LC9s has redeemed the Ruger single stack.

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Serious question?? o_O

I have a LC9 and it feels like that old double action Ruger revolver with 10lbs of rust in it. I wouldn't recommend an LC9 POS to anyone, and probably couldn't give it away on Gun Broker. But the LC9s has redeemed the Ruger single stack.
My LC9 is my EDC. It has a very smooth double action trigger, better than most revolvers and any other DAO auto I've tried. As much as I've wanted a LC9s or pro I've really no reason to switch (though I am looking at the EC9s) just because it's cheap.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
Serious question?? o_O

I'll take the LC9 off your hands and I'll even pay the shipping.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
A friend is sold on one as he said that it "fits his hand like it was made for it". Can't argue with that. He's got some older Ruger revolvers but the pistols are new to him. I just watched Hickock's review and it was the LC9 and he liked it. Long DA trigger pull but practice will help. Question, has anyone shot or own both and how does the striker fired trigger feel. Of course it'll be shorter than the DA, but is it smooth with clean break? Thanks, First shot.
I own both the LC9 and the LC9s. I prefer the LC9 as my personal back up off-duty carry. My wife CCW's the LC9s as the trigger is easier on her.

There is nothing 'wrong' with the trigger on an LC9. For those that grew up on DA revolvers with 10-14 lb trigger pulls, the LC9 is a breeze at around 7 lbs. For those that grew up on striker-fired guns the long DA trigger pull is probably not going to be their cup of tea. But again, there is nothing 'wrong' with the trigger. It's just a long DA trigger rather than a crisp 5 lbs break and short reset (though the LC9s reset isn't that short).

Like Mac (and he and I have talked about this on SEP), I prefer the long DA trigger pull for this particular gun since sometimes it's been in a pocket and sometimes in a belly band at the appendix position. I find the trigger as very smooth and again, compared to my first duty gun (S&W 64) it's light like a feather.

My wife likes the trigger on the LC9s as she has issues with hand strength and recoil due to a disability. I like the trigger as well and think it's quite nice.

Either boils down to personal preference. And either are an excellent firearm. I haven't had any issue with either of them. And I love the size, smooth contours and thin profile for carry. I find myself carrying the LC9 almost as much as my G26.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I have both the LC9 and the LC9 Pro. Both are stone reliable pistols. The trigger on the older model, the LC9, is, "not great." The Pro model has a very credible trigger pull. I carry my LC9 model in my car all the time. When I have the LC9 Pro with me, it's on my person.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm going to recommend the LC9s Pro to my friend. He's not a regular shooter, and this will be his first pistol, as he's always had revolvers. He knows to "KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER". Between mag release and slide stop I think a safety may be another distraction. But then, it could be a very very important one. I've told him to handle both and the LGS is very reputable, and don't be afraid to ask dumb questions. Wish I could be there Saturday when he goes, but I'm driving the transit bus. Thanks.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
Have him try each of them if your LGS has them. If he's use to revolvers then he my feel more comfortable with the long trigger pull of the LC9. If not, at least he experienced it for himself. As far as manual safety, well that was a long running thread here this last week. Suffice it to say, a manual safety offers only positives with no negatives. As long as one trains to sweep it off during the draw (gross motor skill) then it adds no time to the draw or to acquiring the target. And it is safer during gun grabs and reholstering...by far! And if one doesn't want to use it, they simply ignore it. It isn't in the way. Good luck to your buddy.

:)

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
I think I'm going to recommend the LC9s Pro to my friend.
What did your buddy end up getting?

Check out the EC9S. They should be going for ~$230 street price.
Wouldn't be surprised if they dip below the $200 mark.

I'm looking at possibly getting another LC9s just to have as a spare. Guy locally has one with some extras at a good price so if it's still available I think I'm going to meet up with him.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What did your buddy end up getting?

Wouldn't be surprised if they dip below the $200 mark.

I'm looking at possibly getting another LC9s just to have as a spare. Guy locally has one with some extras at a good price so if it's still available I think I'm going to meet up with him.
The S... What a sweet little pistol... I couldn't believe how great the trigger was....after the first mag, I was just about putting shots in the same hole at 8 yds...and I'm not "that" good... Trying to justify getting one myself... Thanks..

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
The S... What a sweet little pistol... I couldn't believe how great the trigger was....after the first mag, I was just about putting shots in the same hole at 8 yds...and I'm not "that" good... Trying to justify getting one myself... Thanks..
At the current prices it's hard not to get one. Waiting for someone to get back with me for a meet time on that LC9s (for $275 with two mags, Hogue grip and IWB holster). Hard to pass that up.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,580 Posts
Yeah, the Ruger is an excellent choice and it's hard not to grab one for the deals out there, especially used. If I spot a LC9s Pro for a good deal, I may grab one myself.
Agreed. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm suppose to meet a guy tomorrow over at the Westshore mall. LC9s with 7 and 9-round mag, Hogue grip and hydex IWB for $275. As long as it checks out, that's a good deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts