Lazy Old Guy With A Model 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by beauetienne, Feb 5, 2017.

1. beauetienne

beauetienne

As a younger man I immediately got out to shoot my newest acquisitions. How times change.
    Christmas before last I received a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and a Ghost Trigger 3.5 Ultimate COMPLETE Trigger Kit for my model 22.
    Got around to having an experienced smith do the trigger work about eight months ago. Got to the range just last weekend.
    I'm very pleased with the trigger and the accuracy of the LW barrel. I get better groups with it than with the stock 40S&W barrel.
    Trigger pull is right at 4lbs (per smithy). Left the original firing pin in. Take up and over-travel feel better although I don't have a stock model to compare it to.
    It loves the SIG 124gr ammo, but not the cheap 115gr stuff. Ejection problems every 15 to twenty round with the 115gr. The 124gr ammo cycled with out incident in the 80 or so round fired and printed better than the 115gr ammo.
    Just wanted to share.

Chordeiles likes this.
  2. Mike-M

Mike-M

It sounds like a fine game gun for use only at the range. The mods made make it unsuitable for service as a weapon.

beauetienne likes this.

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Sell the 22 and buy a 17.The barrel and parts plus cost of ammo might make a hindsight decision that you shoot the 9mm better. Considering you would buy new, evaluate the 19 and 26 for fit to hand , good Luck.

beauetienne likes this.
  4. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

I have found my 19 shoots the Remington 147 gr HP amazingly well ... That combo makes me look like im a marksman

beauetienne likes this.