close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lazers for GLOCK 26/27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fiberpig, Apr 12, 2002.

1. fiberpig

fiberpig

Interested in a lazer, but heard the internal models for guns do not retain stock recoil spings...I am concerned about reliabiliy with the items and since these models have no accr. rails choices are limited...any suggestions...experiance with this subject would be greatly appreatiated!!!!;d

2. thunderjet

thunderjet

I have a laser max in my 26 have shot hundreds of rounds and have never had a problem (feeding or firing). about three weeks after i first got laser i did find it going a little weak. after a close inspection i found one of the the 4 batteries swelling. call laser max and 2 days later they sent a 4 pack battery out no charge. nice on phone, and very knowledgeable. TJ :cool:

3. JGO

JGO

Have had a Lasermax in my 27 and my 22 for a couple of years with no problems. The one in the 22 actually has a stiffer spring than stock.

4. fiberpig

fiberpig

Curious as to the springs they use in lazermax...same setup as stock or ?....I really like stock recoil mgt. on 27....and 26. Do you feel any differance...

5. JGO

JGO

The Lasermax springs for the sub compacts are the same setup (double captured spring) as stock and there is very little if any difference in feel. Some of the full size guns like the G22 use an uncaptured spring that is stiffer and it is a pain in the butt to rassemble after cleaning.

6. fiberpig

fiberpig

Thankyou for you replys....;f

7. loandr.

loandr.

areo tek put a crimson trace unit on my 27 that I just love
    loandr.

8. sigpro357

sigpro357

I'm curious how do you turn the laser max on and off. I have the G-26 also and would like to know. If it has an on/off switch is it nice, and not gaudy. Anybody got any pictures they can post.

9. JGO

JGO

The Lasermax uses a replacement slide lock as a switch. Push it right or left to turn it on; center is off. No. it is not gaudy. You can't even see it. Only those that know it's there will even notice it. Click here to visit the Lasermax website.

10. vikesh

vikesh Glock 26

do any of you guys have pics of your guns with these laser mods on, I would love to see them. how much do they cost?

I am seriously considering adding a laser to my Glock 26

11. LaserMax30

LaserMax30 Guest

Here is a pic but it does not show it flashing ,it has a strobe effect for better targeting....A++++
    I have shot at least 2000 rds with the laser never a problem...
    Hope this helps ya..
    ;P

12. IDAHOGLOCK19/26

IDAHOGLOCK19/26

I had a Lasermax in my G36. It was in the gun when I bought it. It took about 2 weeks before the novelty of it wore off. It seemed to move around a bit, meaning some times it would shoot right on with my Mep-sights, other times it would not. It would also turn on, on it's own while I was shooting. It basically became a bit of a bother, so I took it out, and used it as a down-payment for a Beretta 391 Extrema. Anyone else have these problems with a Lasermax?

13. JGO

JGO

A Lasermax turning itself on is an indication that you are "limp wristing". I've done some extensive testing in this regard. This may be the best use (training) for a laser sight, because in a real world scenario, you won't think to turn it on.

14. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

;C ive got a 27 with the lasermax and at 25 yards i had a 2" group. lasermax said the 27 will have a 3" group. maybe i was lucky. its great!!! another good thing is just the intimedation factor!!!
    the only down side is the cost. if they were a little cheaper, id have them in all my guns!!!!!!!!;e

15. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

sorry, cant spell!!

16. Wambuli

Wambuli NRA Member

It sure sounds as if The LaserMAx product could be a life saving enhancement for my G26!

I'm curious as to the level of difficulty the installation presented?
    The LaserMAx
    website (http://www.lasersights.com/lasermax.htm) indicates that the internal laser can be installed in minutes in the privacy of your own home.

For those who have these internal lasers installed, did you have a gunsmith install it or did you in fact self-install it? If self-installed, what would you say was the difficulty level or ease of installation, based on your experience?

17. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

super easy!!!! no brains at all. takes all of 2 min.