close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lazermax, my Glock 20, and a helluva lotta recoil!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ret_marine2003, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ret_marine2003

ret_marine2003

Is there any way I can tone this thing down?

I took my S&W 629 out with my Glock 20 with the lasermax in and I think the Glock had a stiffer recoil.

I was better than most as far as accuracy goes, but not up to my personal standards.

What gives?

Did lazermax give me a cheesy universal spring on that thing ment to work in either the 20 or the 21?

2. rhnboi

rhnboi

Wondering the same thing with my G20.....

3. racerford

racerford

Shoot weak loads.

I find the G20 to be very manageable to shoot. Even when shoot as many as 200 rounds in a session. Not as mild as my G19. Not as hard recoiling as my G29, which I do not find unpleasant. I find my Grendel .380 much less pleasant to shoot.

What loads are you using? 200 grain? Try 135's the recoil is less.

Did it recoil like that without the LaserMax? If so, the recoil spring may be a problem?

4. Glockman454

Glockman454

Did the recoil increase after installation of the Lasermax?

I have argued with Steve from Lasermax about a year or so ago regarding what spring rating is on a stock G20. He says they use a 20 pound spring and that is what the stock G20 has according to him. I told him he was wrong as the Glock G20 is a 17 or 18 pound spring. I knew at the time which one it was, but anyway it is no more than 18# when stock.

So my point is, if Lasermax is still using a 20# spring that may be a contributing factor in your recoil.

I had a Lasermax in my G23 a few years ago when Lasermax used a non-captive spring on the laser. I think now they are making the spring captive on the laser.

I noticed increased recoil when I installed the lasermax in my Glock 23 a few years ago but it did not pose a problem for me as I have arms and wrist that are more stout than the average person, but yes, it did increase the recoil.

I was not too impressed with their spring either.

5. ShootNMove

ShootNMove concealed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the stronger the spring, the more felt recoil.

6. Glockman454

Glockman454

Yes, that's right. That is what I was driving at with the Lasermax recoil spring that is included with the Lasermax. Last I knew, they used 20# springs which is 2 or 3 lbs heavier as far as recoil resistance, therefore making the recoil feel stronger.