close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LAX Range, Inglewood, CA

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Eric1963, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Eric1963

Eric1963

Anyone shooting the 2004 March-April-May GSSF at the LAX Range in Inglewood, California? Introduce yourselves, I will be there this year!

Eric

2. Eric1963

Eric1963

Well, I shot the first of three GSSF rounds this season at the LAX Range on Saturday, March 20. My score, using a stock G34, was 450. This is an indoor match. I did very little practice, in fact, I only practiced the night before. This was because of work committments. I do need to improve my score. 450 puts me in the bottom half.

I spoke to the top finishers (high 490's), they said to spend most of my practice time shooting at the 75 feet range (the furthest).

They also recommended changing the stock Glock sight with an aftermarket sight.

Sounds like good advice to me, I will heed it, and let you all know how I do next month.

I encourage anyone interested in improving their scores to speak to the top finishers.

Just an interesting side note, this match was 100% male. At the same time the GSSF match was going on, a woman named Paxton Quigley was holding one of her Women's Self-Defense classes in another section of the range. Kind of an interesting juxtaposition that day....

Eric

3. ghostwn

ghostwn Ghost Member

Any problems with parking.

4. serpentara

serpentara

Ya I shot there. Scored a 451 with my G22. Parking was a pain in the butt as usual but hey it was all for good fun. I was pleasently suprized how how many people from the Laguna Niguel meet showed up all the way in LA. This meet was about 4x the size as the Orange County one last year.

5. Eric1963

Eric1963

Parking can be had on the street, or in the back parking lot. It's not a big problem.