close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LAX gunman used Glock 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FullyGlocked, Jul 5, 2002.

1. FullyGlocked

FullyGlocked

It's official, the shooter at the Los Angeles International Airport used a .45 cal Glock 21. Well, so did the El Al security personnel that shot him, apparently with 9x19mm Glock 18.

2. PoiDog

PoiDog Gun Cultured

Sounds like 'suicide by cop' to me. Of all the airlines at LAX he picks El Al. Of course the Israelis would take him out, they have years of practice dealing with idiots like this. Our practice may be just beginning...

3. DaveR120

DaveR120

Any word on how he got it, or was it legal?

4. m65swede

m65swede

says the gunman's 2 pistols were legally purchased. According to them, no clearcut motive has been determined as of today.

They also stated that his 10 round G21 mag was emptied at the scene; thank God his marksmanship sucked.

I'm scratching my head over this one. If the news reports are accurate, this guy was doing OK - had a Mercedes and a Jaguar, gave his 14 year old son up to $500 a month allowance, etc. Hmmm.

Swede

5. Stealther

Stealther

PoiDog - Not sure if I would agree on the copicide theory. Why take out innocents just to get shot? Easier way would be to just point at the cop. Just a thought..

6. PoiDog

PoiDog Gun Cultured

You're right, Stealther, I phrased that poorly. What I was aiming for is by attacking El Al he would be killed. He had to know that they would defend themselves well. But he attacked them anyway, I can only assume to make a political point of some sort. We'll never know for sure, but the whole Egyptian/Muslim vs. Israeli/Jew thing is the first thing on everyone's mind probably.
    On another note, someone on the board wondered how long it would be before the liberal hand-wringing about the security forces having guns started. Well I heard it today, one of the press said something about security forces having guns "that would be better off in the hands of government" or words to that effect. They were questioning the El Al security team having the means to defend themselves and their passengers, even after this happened. Typical.

7. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Yeah, and how many would have died if not for El Al security having guns?

When will the liberal pukes ever learn? After it's too late, I'm afraid.

8. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

What do you expect from a .45 cal gun in a hand of a unexperience user like this guy? I think a 9mm could have been an easier caliber for him to shoot under stress. Less kick and recoil, ya know. I guess, when you miss...you miss.

Thank God he did use a .45 instead of a 9mm.

Ironically, he was shot and killed by a 9mm from the security.Perfect case for a .45 versus 9mm stopping power debate (hehehehe)

Long live 9mm. ;f

9. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

How do you know the guy with the .45 was inexperienced?

"Ironically, he was shot and killed by a 9mm from the security.Perfect case for a .45 versus 9mm stopping power debate (hehehehe)"

(hehehehe) After having been shot three times with a 9mm, the b.g. still had enough energy left to stab and wound with his .45 other good guys.

10. SIGlock

Because m65swede said: "...his 10rds mag was emptied at the scene; thank God his markmanship was sucked".

So, how many people did he kill with 10 shots from his .45? He was more "effective" at stabing people with a knife than using his .45

11. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

You know you've had some effect at work when the reporters you work with all note that if the guy had assaulted any other terminal, there would have been a slaughter. And this in a TV station newsroom..... guess I've woken them up a bit eh?

12. SIGlock

I have no idea what you are talking about, Murphy.

Anyway, let's get back on this .45 subject. I'm just teasing the .45 worshipping guys a bit. Don't start a caliber war. Hey, I DO own a G21 and G30, too. Hehehe.

13. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

This nut case was intent on killing. It didn't matter what he was carrying, it could have been a .22, with the element of surprise and the time it takes for security forces to react, this is one of those instaces where unfortunately life was taken, but it could have been worse.

These things are always going to happen, whether its a citizen, foreign national, or someone here illegal. The problem is that the liberals in congress will blow this balloon up to ecompass the issu of gun control.

Maybe someone can answer the question of if an individual who is not a citizen can legally buy a fire arm? Any FFL's out there want to take as stab (no pun intended) at this?

Wren