close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lawyers are weasels!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dennis in MA, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Note: Some of them are GREAT weasels that I appreciate very much. :rofl:

I'm in day-2 of a local case where Dunkin Donuts wants to put up a store in a residential area where I live. The battle is FIERCE.

What IS interesting is the two atty's are WEASELS! As is the managing partner of the opposing counsel who spoke at many'a Zoning Board of Appeals meetings. That guy would lie even if it meant his mom was gonna die. Wow. The stuff he alleged b/c he knew no one could prove it in that setting was SHOCKING.

Trial law fascinates me but I don't think I'm cut out for it. Sure, I can lie with the best of them, but this constant shading of truth is amazing.

What I also find interesting is that the trial will wrap up tomorrow. We'll get a decision, on our about Halloween. WOW! (Honestly, the judge is a pretty cool guy. Very patient, accommodating and friendly. Truly just wants to get to the heart of this and make a good decision. . . but it looks like it's leaning our way. WOOHOO!!!)

That is all.

2. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

Fight it on the basis that it would prove a health hazard for your neighborhood.

3. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Calling most attorneys "a weasel" would be complimenting them.

4. Andy123

Andy123

If the lawyer for Dunkin was smart, he would enter a box of donuts and coffee into evidence every day, and publish to the jury first thing in the morning. Case won. ;^)

5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Just rememer, 99% of attorneys give the rest a bad name. :tbo:

6. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

And demeaning to the real weasels.

7. James Markov

James Markov

Well with a donut shop in the area, think of all the increased police protection you will enjoy...:whistling:

8. mteagle1

mteagle1

Call them all the names you want and hope they don't remember when you need them. Like when you see a driver doing something you don't like and ask "why is there never a cop around when you want one". Hope it is not that way when you need a lawyer. I keep a lawyers business card in the same wallet pocket with my CCW, I'll show the police one then the other.

9. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Well, you two certainly stole my thunder before I got here...

10. user

user VaLegalDefense

Nah, attorneys don't lie - that's because what they say is "argument", not "evidence". Besides, nine-tenths of the law is not possession, it's how you characterize that possession.

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Attorneys are the only one's talking in court who aren't under oath...

12. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

...took me a minute...but....

:rofl:

Well played!

13. Half-Breed

Half-Breed ..... CLM

-----

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  14. happy seal

happy seal

Your just finding this out! :shocked: They go to school to learn to lie. My wife is a paralegal and she couldn't stand working in the law offices!

15. community

community Member

I hate lawyers. they suck you dry with there billable hours. They took me for $8,000 on a simple landlord-tenant dispute. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

16. Tarkio

Tarkio

The thing about legal wranglings is that lawyers see it as a game. I believe that many lawyers don't care about winning or losing unless they are involved in a case where they stand to gain a percentage of the award.

If you have ever personally been involved in a real legal dispute, you will soon learn that it involves a lot of gamesmanship, a lot of playing coy and parsing words. The attorneys gain when either of them throws a wicked curve at the opposition, regardless of the truthfulness. In other words, in a dispute, the more protracted it becomes, the more enriched both lawyers become. This results in a actions dragging out and attorneys making some outrageous claims because he makes money doing so and makes more money while the opposition responds.

Enough lawyers play this despicable game to tarnish the image of the entire practice. I have no respect for the industry/profession whatsoever. I do know some attorneys that I respect and believe have morals and character but they are few and dang far between.

17. Tarkio

Tarkio

That is a very astute point. I have seen that in action myself.

18. aerod1

aerod1 NRA Life Member

All lawyers are worthless asses..... except mine!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  19. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

LOVE my lawyer , many tickets taken care of to improper equipment (whistling )

20. major

major Rejected member

I've been a lawyer since 1983. When I was practicing, I dealt with a lot of people charged with criminal offenses. Most either had alcohol or drug problems that was very often the underlying reason for their crimes. Most of the others just got mad at somebody and hit, cut, shot them, etc. Some, of course, were thieves or burglars and would just basically tell you that is just what they did for a living. All in all, I got along fine with most of these folks.

But then there were my fellow attorneys.................wow, what a bunch of slimy, dishonest, conniving, lying, immoral pieces of crap they were. They would stab you in the back in a heartbeat and would use ANYTHING to gain an advantage in a case. I absolutely hated dealing with some of them. (The only group worse were the realtors, who made most lawyers look like saints.)

Bottom line is that I don't have to practice law anymore (thank goodness) and do not miss the warfare.