laws you would make if you came into power

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by raven11, Feb 4, 2010.

1. raven11

raven11

i only have one

if your ex-girlfriend sends you a text message that has the phrase " i'm pregnant" in the same text message she has to include whether the child is yours or not

because in the four min between text messages thats a lot of time to buy a one-way plane tickets to Vietnam

personal experience :whistling:

2. fairfax1

fairfax1 NRA Life / VCDL

1. Goverment officals who screw up badly have to pay the judgements personally, not the taxpayers.

3. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

Since I just put this in another post:

Companies which accept bailouts must nullify all current employment contracts and lock all employees at civil service pay grades until all government funds are repaid.

4. Ragnar

Ragnar

Ragnar gets a pardon for everything he has done or ever will do.

5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Who really wants/needs more laws? :dunno:

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

All property tax assessment jurisdictions, when the assessment is given to the owner of the property the owner has the option of saying, "Buy it" and the assessing board must purchase it at the price quoted. They can reassess at which time the owner's option is once again active. This can be repeated until such a time as the owner agrees at the assessed price and then must pay the tax at the assessed value. However, if the assessed value is lowered more than twice in one fiscal year the house is considered for sale at the assessed value and the owner must sell if an offer comes in at that value.

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Law II

All government agents are subject to all firearm laws in the jurisdiction they're currently in. All gun laws that have a "police or military" exception or exemption are null and void until repassed without that exemption.

That means if there is a law that there is no concealed carry then cops cannot carry concealed either. If no one can own a full auto, then the police department cannot own them as well. A LOT of laws would immediately and automatically be repealed.

8. raven11

raven11

i was honestly trying to make a lighthearted thread, maybe that can be your law?

9. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

10. Girevik61

Girevik61

All convicted sex offenders would be castrated.

11. farley45

farley45

All foreign aid money would go to making it free to go to college.

12. Bello

Bello America/Italia

DEADBEAT! :steamed:

13. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right! Lifetime Member

For every law created, two must be repealed.
    All senators and congressmen shall not have a salary to exceed 75k per yr. At the end of their term limit, they shall be audited.
    There will be no retirement package for any congressmen or senators.
    Any politician found guilty of violating the Constitution shall serve no less than 10 years with no parole.
    No income tax.
    Fair tax.

I could go on and on.

14. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I don't know about it being a law, but there should be..............

...................a way to hold candidates responsible for what they say while trying to get elected to office, any office.

I'm just tired of all the lies and broken "promises", on both sides.

15. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Feller needs to be shot some, it shall be legal to do so ... however, it shall be done with a 9mm or 9mm Kurz. No sense in wasting good ammunition.

16. Jon_R

Jon_R

The 50% of the households that pay federal income tax get to swap places for a few years with the 50% that don't.

The government budget is frozen at say 2006 budget amount permanently no adjustment for inflation.

If none of that can happen then I will just accept tax exempt status....

Your voter's card would work like a library card at the Military Armory.

I get to concealed carry a EMP gun and can use it as I see fit. There will be a lot of people wondering why their $500 car and $3000 dollar stereo are suddenly quiet.

17. F350

F350

You have to PAY income taxes to be able to vote, if you get all your deductions back or even more than you paid in......

NO VOTE FOR YOU

18. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    [​IMG]

19. Cooper

Cooper

1. Term limits. Audits at the end of every term.
    2. If you cannot vote in an election, you cannot contribute to any candidate running in that election. Therefore, the DNC cannot funnel money into SanFran to keep getting Pelosi re-elected. Corporations and PACs cannot vote, so they cannot contribute.
    3. Flat tax. Income, sales tax, whatever. As long as it's flat.
    4. Public-sector embezzlement, corruption, obstruction of justice, etc. all have a new name: Treason.
    5. Borders closed.
    6. All drugs legalized, all publicly funded rehab clinics closed.
    7. All gun laws repealed. All. Replace with a strict definition of "Arms" vs. "Ordinance." Ordinance can be regulated all to hell. Don't mess with arms.
    8. Privatize all schools.
    9. Last but not least: A Constitutional amendment forbidding the federal government from incuring debt in excess of a certain (low) percentage of the GDP.
    10. Abolish any .gov involvement in marriage, establish civil unions for all couples, no matter what their sex.

20. rauldduke1979

rauldduke1979

Starting this year and going forward, every year the congress must prepare two budgets. One budget may increase spending, cut spending, create new programs or eliminate old programs at the lawmaker's discretion, but it must be paid - in full - by raising taxes on ALL Americans, across the board, with no exceptions and no deductions. If you live and work in this country - you pay an increase share for increased spending and I don't care how much or how little you make. The tax increase should be designed to raise everyone's taxes by an equal percentage, whatever your current rate.

The other alternative budget must cut spending to bring it in line with current revenue (i.e. tax rates). There will be no exceptions. All budget items, including defense, Medicare and Social Security will be up for grabs.

The two competing budgets would then by posted online for 7 days during which time everyone with a social security # would be able to log into a secure server and vote on which budget they wanted.

This would force Americans to ask themselves - "Do I really want x program?" If I do, I will have to pay a slightly higher tax rate. If I don't want to spend the extra money, I can't have the service - period.

This is why it is critical that spending increases must result in tax increases for everybody - I think it's just too easy for people to say "Sure I'd like some free ****, that guy over there will pay for it."