·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,897 Posts
It's Obama's fault.

Reactions: catman71 and Rotn1

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
Hardly anybody knows how common this is, because we rarely charge the fake victims after we find out they are lying and it even more rarely makes the news. During the time I was a police officer, my department saw more fake rape reports than real. Mostly the "victims" admitted it pretty quickly but I recall one guy spending weeks in jail for 1st-degree rape, before the "victim's" sister brought us a diary where she had written it all down - accused her boyfriend/brother-in-law of rape to get her husband to beat him up.

Unfortunately, over the years we have developed lots of BS narratives to explain away flaws in the alleged victims' stories and we have incorporated those into police training to the point that what the police believe about sex crime investigations is half BS created from thin air by psychologists and sociologists with an agenda.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Hardly anybody knows how common this is, because we rarely charge the fake victims after we find out they are lying and it even more rarely makes the news. During the time I was a police officer, my department saw more fake rape reports than real. Mostly the "victims" admitted it pretty quickly but I recall one guy spending weeks in jail for 1st-degree rape, before the "victim's" sister brought us a diary where she had written it all down - accused her boyfriend/brother-in-law of rape to get her husband to beat him up.

Unfortunately, over the years we have developed lots of BS narratives to explain away flaws in the alleged victims' stories and we have incorporated those into police training to the point that what the police believe about sex crime investigations is half BS created from thin air by psychologists and sociologists with an agenda.
How much proof does there have to be to get charged? Seems pretty ridiculous that someone can just say you did something and you're off to jail without any proof of any crime.

·
Registered
25,891 Posts
But this couldn’t happen with red flag laws because of due process and all the other fantastic things built into our system.

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
25,891 Posts
How much proof does there have to be to get charged? Seems pretty ridiculous that someone can just say you did something and you're off to jail without any proof of any crime.
Apparently zero -

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
Not sure the name for it but my daughter is or was a rape evidence gather in hospital she worked at. She said mother's bring in their daughters on Sunday after visitation with the dad was so common and also always resulted in nothing they called it Sunday Nite Butt Check.

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
Probable cause gets you charged and, contrary to what the name "probable cause" implies, that means it's still more likely you are not guilty than guilty. Yes, somebody saying you did it is plenty to get you charged and is pretty commonly the only evidence.

What always amazed me is that, in sex crimes more than anything else, one person's word against another is enough for a conviction - I can't believe juries are will to decide that "he said-she said" is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Make the victim a juvenile and it's even easier. I recall a friend of mine trying a case where the prosecution's medical witness testified that the medical evidence was consistent with rape (or maybe sexual abuse). On cross-examination my friend asked him if it wasn't true that there was no medical evidence at all. His answer was "yes, but having no evidence is consistent with rape, because there usually isn't any." I think his client got convicted in spite of the admission that there was no evidence to support the accusation. Taking the word of a witness/victim is the #1 reason for the wrongful convictions of those guys w=you always read about being freed from prison.

Reactions: Caver 60 and jp3975

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
Not sure the name for it but my daughter is or was a rape evidence gather in hospital she worked at. She said mother's bring in their daughters on Sunday after visitation with the dad was so common and also always resulted in nothing they called it Sunday Nite Butt Check.
Divorcing mothers love to make up fake sexual abuse. I had a divorce client whose husband moved in with his girlfriend during the divorce. She made up a fake accusation against the girlfriend's son, accusing him of sexually abusing her son, in order to try to penalize the father by stopping the son from visiting where he was living. It was obviously false from day 1 and after the police and social workers said it was false she wanted to persist, so I quit representing her.

I have seen girls make up fake rape stories to tell their friends, not meaning for the friends to tell the police. I've seen it made up (successfully) to get out of a DUI. I've seen it made up to make 2 guys fight.

·
Tin Kicker
10,395 Posts
Divorcing mothers love to make up fake sexual abuse. I had a divorce client whose husband moved in with his girlfriend during the divorce. She made up a fake accusation against the girlfriend's son, accusing him of sexually abusing her son, in order to try to penalize the father by stopping the son from visiting where he was living. It was obviously false from day 1 and after the police and social workers said it was false she wanted to persist, so I quit representing her.

I have seen girls make up fake rape stories to tell their friends, not meaning for the friends to tell the police. I've seen it made up (successfully) to get out of a DUI. I've seen it made up to make 2 guys fight.
I was a juror last year on a child abuse trial. Dad was accused of physical abuse of his 6 year old son. Not accused by the son, mother, friend etc... but by the 14 year old daughter.

The 14 year old daughter was simply pissed at her dad for not letter her date a high school senior she had the hots for, so she decided to gin up a story to get him sent to prison. By the time the trial was over I wanted to smack the hell out of her. She blatantly lied on the witness stand on multiple occasions. The scary part was, the prosecutor actually took her story seriously from the start. (Enough so to have dad arrested and son removed from the house). Countless thousands of dollars in legal fees. Lost income. Reputation of being a child abuser, regardless of the not guilty verdict.

After the trial we asked if the girl would face charges.
Nope. No legal consequences whatsoever.

I can only imagine how many lives she will ruin once she starts working a pole and gets a little more polished at lying.

Reactions: Caver 60 and jp3975

·
Registered
21,408 Posts
It is much more common than people think

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Regret does not equal rape.

We have a lady lawyer who was using accusations of abuse against Dads in every contested divorce. Dozens over a couple year period.
After enough reports filed and we began to learn of the lawyer's involvement with each reporting woman, our detectives called he DA and went over this. The District Attorney called her in and told her she would be in prison and disbarred if she encouraged one more false report.

The accusation of rape is like a bullet, once fired it never comes back and can do much harm. It leaves a little bit of doubt in people's minds forever.

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Why wasn't the womens photo in that article? They had the photo of the professor.
when I worked the ER we did many Rape kits for the supposed rape victim. Now many were true rapes but we had a very large amount of women who claimed rape, had the kits done, and by the next day had made up with their boyfriend. No rape claim! I asked the cops if anything was done to the women who made the fake claims. Nope not a thing, but they did have to pay for the rape kit which ended up being several thousand dollars.

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
I was a juror last year on a child abuse trial. Dad was accused of physical abuse of his 6 year old son. Not accused by the son, mother, friend etc... but by the 14 year old daughter.

The 14 year old daughter was simply pissed at her dad for not letter her date a high school senior she had the hots for, so she decided to gin up a story to get him sent to prison. By the time the trial was over I wanted to smack the hell out of her. She blatantly lied on the witness stand on multiple occasions. The scary part was, the prosecutor actually took her story seriously from the start. (Enough so to have dad arrested and son removed from the house). Countless thousands of dollars in legal fees. Lost income. Reputation of being a child abuser, regardless of the not guilty verdict.

After the trial we asked if the girl would face charges.
Nope. No legal consequences whatsoever.

I can only imagine how many lives she will ruin once she starts working a pole and gets a little more polished at lying.
I went to family court with a client about 18 years ago, due to her criminal case being related to her family case. While I was there, there was a girl who had recently turned 18 and apparently found out that she could now get domestic violence orders against any family member that gave her a hard time. On the same day in court she had separate domestic violence order hearings against her father, mother and brother. Also walked away scott free other than maybe some criticism from the judge.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,244 Posts
The vast majority of rape cases I investigated were consensual, at the time of the interaction. Called it “buyer’s remorse”. Usually, it was okay, until their other boyfriend, parents, or their husband, etc, found out. Then, it was rape.

Of the rape cases left, most were clouded by alcohol, drugs, or she didn’t want to, but never said no.

Very few rape cases, involving people of consenting ages, are actually rape.

Out of all the cases where the “victim” blatantly lied, I was never able to get the Prosecutor to charge them. They refuse. Kind of like when women get Protection Orders, under false pretenses or just as a power play. No one punishes them.

What all the BS does is just make it hard for real victims of rape and domestic violence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts