Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the breakdown...

Colt A1 upper w/ A2 rear aperture (it's a slick side)

AIM Surplus carrier (full-auto) w/ MPI bolt

Colt 6920 take-off barrel (unfired!)

PSA Classic Lower

Troy Battlerail Delta

PA red dot (saving for a T-1)

Surefire x300 ultra

VCAS sling

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I LOVE this setup. It's 8.2lbs loaded w/ Mk262 (black hills) and fast. The barrel is a little front heavy, but that should tame recoil. The 12" rail lets me stretch out a bit, but it retains that CAR 15 feel that I'm really fond of. Best part is that it's fully floated, but I could return it to plastic handguards in 10 minutes if I wanted to. The red dot works very well on the rail and has a lower 1/3 cowitness if needed.

·
The eBay Guy
21,560 Posts
Nice!!

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
What makes it KISS other than the A1 upper? It still has a rail, sling, light, and optic.

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
exactly :cool: I think that's the minimum for a serious use carbine.
I agree that it doesn't have any useless crap hanging off of it, I guess that's just not what I think of when I think KISS.

Nice rifle :supergrin:

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Same here. I guess the idea of a KISS rifle has changed in the last couple of years.

IMO, if you need batteries for it.....it isn't KISS anymore.

Nice rifle anyway.
It still has iron sights and will still go bang with every pull of the trigger. KISS enough for me.

·
Infidel USA
1,622 Posts
THIS is a KISS Carbine. Anything more is a variation.... a lesser KISS version. This is as simple as it gets. You can add anything you want; anything you believe is a "necessity", but everything you add takes you away from "simple". It's your rifle......

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
THIS is a KISS Carbine. Anything more is a variation.... a lesser KISS version. This is as simple as it gets. You can add anything you want; anything you believe is a "necessity", but everything you add takes you away from "simple". It's your rifle......

Needs an A1 upper and stock.

·
a.k.a. DaReaper
1,251 Posts
Simplicity is a relative term. What one person considers simple, may not be anthers.

For me, the ultimate in simple home defense is a Remington 870 with 18.5" barrel, 7 shot tube, bead sight and full stock. But that's just me. :supergrin:

At any rate. Nice rifle :highfive:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts