close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Late Thanks and Kudos

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GLOCKhp, Jun 6, 2002.

1. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

I know this is going way back, and I apologize – I was having trouble with my login and wasn’t able to post. I just wanted to thank everybody that made Richmond (my second match) a great match and say congrats to all the winners. Everybody that was potentially going to go with me to the match ended up not going for one reason or another (including my son!). But I decided I still wanted to make the four hour trip by myself because I had so much fun at Anderson last November. Besides, I had a GSSF Comm 17 that I had only put 7 rounds through (to check POA/POI) and wanted to see if it and the Anderson experience would make a difference (I used my G23 there). Boy did it – 101 seconds of difference and 7th in B class AmCiv vs 7th in C class!! My goal for 2002 (another old thread) was to break 200, which I did and then some.

Thanks also to the GSSF staffer (I don’t remember who it was) who sent my son the Glock “squishy” ball – you made his week (or maybe month).

It was a pleasure getting to meet DannyR, Fireglock, DEJ/FL, Dr Rod, dip128, Glockenstein, Glockrunner and Mrs GR, VOID, and 21Shooter (sorry if I missed anybody, if I’m even remembered). And thanks to all of you for letting me hang around with a group of such “caliber” (couldn’t resist!). I was impressed with the skill exhibited by all the members of Team Sidearmor (and of course various others) I had the joy of watching shoot. And I was seriously in awe as I watched Fireglock’s U/L plate runs and PhilipD’s Stockmeister and U/L plate runs. All I could say at the time were muttered words better left out of a public forum such as this. Maybe some day…….. But I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think my wife will allow me the amount of practice I’d need.

Anyway, thanks again and congrats to Fireglock and all of the other winners. I’m looking forward to running into y’all again in Statesville.

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Thanks Dwayne, it was nice meeting you as well. I look forward to seeing you at Statesville! :)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

See you in Statesville.:) I plan to be there Saturday and possibly Sunday, weather permitting.

4. THE VOID

THE VOID

Nice to meet you too Dwayne. We are looking forward to Statesville. Last year was our first time there. Nice set-up. We spent the night near Charlotte and wondered around the Bass Pro Superstore. Then hit the range and headed home. Did you know that in NC, some of the local "Aiming Fluid" distribution sites allow women to walk around on the tables and smile at you? I am not sure what their purpose is but it appears they accept tips.

See you at the range.

Dayton