close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last Year For Dallas?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RenegadeGlocker, Feb 2, 2003.

1. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

In yesterday's Dallas Morning News, they had a story on a long delayed freeway expansion. It was tied up in environmental issues. Those issue are completed, and construction started this past Friday.

Unfortunately, the Dallas Pistol Club sits right in the path of the freeway. While this year's events may continue, it is unlikely next year will.

I sure hope we are able to find another DFW area location.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Darn, I am with you. May 2002 was my first trip to the Dallas match and it was great. The Dallas match is on my list of matches to attend this year as well. Hope you'al have success in finding a new location.

3. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

It's not a given that the range will close.

Laura

4. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Laura, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the route of the proposed turnpike through the DPC range recognized as an expensive toxic waste problem several years ago, leading to the selection of a route which will not disturb the DPC?

5. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack CLM

Without going into all the details and drama, the bottom line is,
    the Dallas Pistol Club,DPC, will not close or move from it's current location.

The proposed route will bring the tollway within close proximity of the North and East sections of the DPC property. The club is looking at various options to fully baffle the shooting areas which will allow DPC to remain operational in a completely safe manner.

We are coordinating with the construction schedule of NTTA such that, we have until the end of this year (approximately) to complete the baffling project.

We have opened the DPC membership back up, anyone interested in joining can send me an email and I will be glad to provide membership information.

Jack Satterfield
    Director
    Dallas Pistol Club

6. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..hey! CPT Jack...I've been singing cadence about you for years..and to find out your a Glock shooter to...drink'n, cutt'n, fight'n,..now Glock'n.

Jay