close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last round wont go in new magazines?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mindlogiczero, Apr 23, 2012.

1. mindlogiczero

mindlogiczero

just got my fde 23 gen4, two of the 3 magazines will not let the last round in. i also have a gen3 23, gen3 17 and gen4 27 neither had this issue with the magazines that came from them.

i loaded 12rounds and put in the gun to hopefully break in the spring, is this sorta common? this is my 4th glock and first with this problem.

2. GUN FREAK83

GUN FREAK83 NRA member

they should all fit i just got a gen 4 22 and all 15 rds went but it was really tight fit.

3. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Yep my Gen4 G26 mags did the same thing, some mags just need a little time to break in.

4. PM720

PM720

2 things to try. First, every few rounds give the mag a rap or 2 on your hand or a firm surface. This seems to help settle the follower and/or spring. Second, disassemble the problem mags and look for any molding flash or sharp ledge that may need to be shaved. I saw this in another post and took 2 of my problematic G30 mags apart and cleaned them up like this and now they are flawless.

Scott

5. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Are you sure you're counting correctly? :rofl:
    jk. Just let them break in.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. barth

barth six barrels

The springs are tight - that's normal.
    Get a UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader.
    Leave the mags fully loaded and they will loosen up.

Stop worrying and go shooting - LOL.

7. liscomb20

liscomb20

I have the same exact problem with with the same gun I can get the 13th rd in. But its very tight and then thenmag wont snap into the gun so I have just been doing 12 rounds and they seem to be loosening a little bit each time and I leave them loaded all the time that seems to help too

8. mindlogiczero

mindlogiczero

I was able to get the 13th in once yesterday but when i did like you said it wouldnt go in the gun. im going to let it sit at 12 for a few days and try again.

9. donsls6

donsls6

Too many rounds:tongueout:

10. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

:thumbsup:

I nearly tore my thumbnail off when I was trying to put the last round in a new G23 mag. The round slipped off the top of the mag while I was pushing down hard and my thumbnail caught on the lip. Ouch! Only about 25% of the nail came off. Lesson learned.

I bought an UpLula loader and I can now load hundreds of rounds without being sore at the end of the day!

11. DaninTexas

DaninTexas

The new mags that came with my G19 I bought this weekend need a loader to get #15 in there. If I don't use the loader my thumb will pay the price.

12. LINKz

LINKz

I had the same issue with my gen3 G19 mags, for the first few weeks that 15th round would simply not go in.. After awhile, it slowly broke in and now I am able to get it in, though its still extremely difficult. Just give it a little time to wear in

13. ca survivor

ca survivor

try to put the eight round in a Sig 220 mag.....LOL

14. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

FREQUENT FOLLOWER FLAW???

My new gen4 G27 had 1 mag (out of 3) that was so tight when full, I had a hard time pulling the slide back over it. When I disassembled that mag I noticed the spring wasn't seating properly in its groove in the back of the follower. Used a penknife to trim the burrs in the back of the follower and the top of the inner baseplate. Reassembling, I could hear the spring snap into the groove. After that it functioned fine. Still tight, but workable.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  15. scosgt

scosgt

That may have been my post. Don't forget to take the mags apart, stretch and compress the springs a bit, and get the coils aligned. Seems to work wonders.

16. PM720

PM720

Might have been. Sorry for the no credit. :embarassed:

Scott

17. Priapism

Priapism

Force it in then let it sit for a week. If it absolutely won't go in, which I doubt, load minus 1, let it sit for a week, shoot it, try again to load it full. Repeat as necessary to accomplish full mag.

You should not have to repeat this more than once.

18. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

We've all seen that. Keep shooting and reloading the mags. They will hold all, soon.

19. mindlogiczero

mindlogiczero

no luck, so tonight i tried taking mag apart. pushed center button on very bottom all the way in tried sliding it off with no luck. now the inside floor plate is stuck sideways and im unable to push it down and take off =\.

just pryed it off.
    used a sock to clean it lol
    [​IMG]

so there was plastic in the inside of the mag dangling off so i shaved them off.

put back together and it was exactly the same issue. i placed the last bullet in(could always get it half way in just no farther).
    I used my floor to force the round in it, but its so tight it wont go in the gun, i couldnt even get the bullet out without using the corner of the bullet against my floor.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  20. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Every Glock I have ever had was like that. They eventually loosen up, but honestly, I have always downloaded mine by one round because it was so much trouble to get he last one in.