close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last of the Gen GL21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Line Rider, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Line Rider

Line Rider

Well the GL 21 bug has bite me again. I'm wanting to go back to the GL 21 as a duty gun. I have found a BNIB Gen21 at my LGS for $539.95. I have check with two LE dealers who have told me their not ordering any Gen 3 because most of their customers are wanting the Gen4's.
    I'm not impressed with the Gen 4's.

My questions, first, where did the Glock start using MIM parts in their? Second, buy the BNIN at $539.95 or wait on a used GL21 Gen 3.:dunno:

Yes, I know I have no life...:rofl:

2. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor

First...what are you using for duty-carry now??...do you have confidence in this weapon system?..if so, then save your $ for retirement...you will need it!
    But if you must have the 21; is there a time frame requirement, or can you look around some?...if you have time, try Gunbroker and see if you can find a used one...you know, so long as the Glock has been serviced properly, a used model can be just fine...in fact, the original G-17 that was the first one off the "line" so-to-speak...is still fired each week in Smyrna...has hundreds of thousands of rounds thru it, and still shoots point-of-aim w/o a problem...so, if you find a used 21, the factory upgrades are correct...the recoil spring is not soft from many rounds...and you can afford the price, I say buy it!
    I would look on Gun Broker...you just never know what you will find there...I found a G-19, Gen-3, R/T about a year ago, and it had hardly been fired!..you just never know.
    Good luck in your search, and don't forget to cover your 6!

3. avenues165

avenues165

I have to agree with Lt. Donn. I bought my first Glock new. After seeing how little they wear, I think I will never buy a new Glock again.

My first Glock, a Gen 3 G24, has made me a believer in Tenifer, melonite, QPQ, Nitrocarborizing, whatever you want to call it. I have ~3,000 rounds through my G24, and the lack of wear is amazing. The original barrel only has about 1,500 rounds through it, but other than some wear on the outside of the barrel, it looks brand new. The inside of the chamber and barrel have no visible wear at all.

I put a used Gen 4 G23 on lay away and intend to pick it up this week. The pistol looks brand new, still has the majority of the copper Glock grease in the slide, and has very little wear on the areas of moving metal to metal contact. I am saving over $100 dollars from the best prices I have found on the net for new.

Good luck with your decision!

4. DocWills

DocWills

Look for a flat extractor gun if you can find one, then get just shoot it.