Last night was scary for a minute...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 14GDHPs4ME, Jan 31, 2010.

1. 14GDHPs4ME

14GDHPs4ME Nevada Glocker

My wife, my 6-year-old son and I were watching a movie last night with some friends in my living room. My 4-year-old daughter was asleep in her room, and it was about 7:45 pm. Suddenly, we heard glass shatter from the other end of the house, coming from my son's room. Knowing what I knew then (which wasn't much), I went to investigate. I found my son's bedroom window shattered, with glass all over the floor, and a beer bottle in several pieces on the floor.

My friend and I ran outside, but didn't see anybody. A neighbor came out of his house and said he saw 4 kids (teenagers) running through the alley throwing bottles at houses. Cops were called, but they didn't come.

I'm glad this wasn't worse than it was.

2. RLB

RLB

Glad it turned out like it did. Sucks that pranksters caused you damage but luckily nothing else transpired.

3. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

4. 14GDHPs4ME

14GDHPs4ME Nevada Glocker

Well the crappy part is that I had become a little too comfortable lately, and stopped carrying around the house. All I heard was shattering glass and I had to run to the bedroom to grab the Glock. I know I didn't specifically need it, but it was a lesson in preparedness.

5. mixflip

mixflip

Glad it was just punk kids vs a home invasion by gangs or tweekers.

Here in Vegas just a month ago a cop got off shift and was messing around in his garage with the door up. A group of thugs (teens) saw him alone and decided to do a home invasion on him not knowing he was a cop. As the group entered his garage he pulled out his gun (he was not in a uniform so it must have been his off duty gun) and a gun fight erupted.

He shot one in the groin and they all fled...but he took one to the chest, stumbled inside, and died in his mothers arms in front of his wife and 2 babies.

He was a cop, a former Marine, he was prepared and still didnt survive but he did protect his family til the end.

Dont live paranoid... just prepared. Stay aware of your surroundings.