close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last moment purchases for 2009 - Italian 92FS and SS CZ75B

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by fnfalman, Jan 1, 2010.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Yep, got a wild hair up my anal orifice so I ran to the local gun shops, poke about, didn't see any wheelgun I wanted to get but I saw an Italian Beretta M92FS that I thought would go nicely with my American 92FS plus a strange, bright polished CZ75B. So I figured what the hell, might as well get them.

Both come with cardboard boxes outside of hard plastic boxes. The CZ came wrapped in plastic while the Beretta did not. The CZ came with plastic cleaning kit while the Beretta did not. Not a big deal because the cheesy plastic cleaning kit is crap anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

More pics of Beretta & CZ.

I had a Bianchi holster for the American Beretta and it fits the Italian Beretta just fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Comparison between the two Berettas with the higher one being Italian:

The Italian one seems to have a more matte finish on both the slide and frame comparing to the American one's almost bright finish. Both have 3-dots sighting system. Both look identical with the exception of markings - Made in USA vs Made in Italy, Pietro Beretta vs Beretta USA, etc. The Italian one has plastic recoil spring guide rod, while the American one has the steel guide rod.

We shall see how they shoot side by side soon enough. The American one has several thousand rounds through it so the trigger pulls (DA & SA) are much lighter and smoother than the brand stankin' new Italian one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Comparison between the three CZ75Bs - two-tone, blued and bright polished SS:

1. The two-tone one has some sort of bulky "target type" grip panels while the SS and blued ones have standard black, thin grip panels.

2. The two-tone and the blued ones have short tang while the polished SS has the beaver tail tang.

3. The two-tone and blued ones have regular 3-dots sighting systems while the 3-dot sighting system on the polished SS is phosphorescent.

4. While all three guns' hammers are the "commander type" with the hole in the middle, the hammer hole on the two-tone is much smaller than the hammer holes on the blued and bright SS ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. shays4me

shays4me gunaholic

Very nice! I've had a hankerin for a 92 for a while now. The only reason I haven't purchased one yet is because my dad has one and there's so many other guns on my list. I'll get his sooner or later (hopefully later) and then I can sit around and lick it all over! Seriously though, that's a nice pair. As for the CZ, I've never seen one in Stainless before. Let us know if it holds up to it's reputation.

6. chris in va

chris in va

Knob Creek has a polished CZ 75 that has been sitting there for over a year. I'd love to pick it up, beautiful piece. Not many of them out there as CZ switched over to matte stainless after the first batch.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Not just SS but bright polished SS. CZ-USA doesn't even list it, although CZ-USA is pretty bad at keeping their website updated. Apparently there are three different SS models: a) matte SS which is on their website, b) bright polished SS like mine, and c) SS Limited Edition which is partially matte and partially bright polished PLUS tritium night sights.

Confused enough? My two-tone CZ came out way before the CZ-USA Limited Edition two-tone CZ that came with a knife as part of the whole special package. My two-tone didn't come with a knife, its serial number fell into the range of Turkish military contract and the color scheme is reversed when compared to the limited edition two-tone.

8. BrandonG17

BrandonG17

Congrads on the new purchases. I just want to note that Kermit the Frog didnt do anything to deserve a gun in his face though lol

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It's not easy being green.:crying:

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Just went blasting with the two Berettas.

They pretty much shoot the same. Same grouping sizes, etc. About the only way I can tell the difference is that the Italian has stiffer trigger pulls due to its newness.

Another difference is that the white fillings fell off the front sight dot and just about to do the same on the rear dots. Damn Italian quality control!!!

11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Cogratulations.

12. Golddog

Golddog

The first 30 stainless CZ's imported to the US were high polish; the rest, after that, were matte stainless until this year, when another 300 high polish stainless were imported.

13. bac1023

bac1023

Very nice fnfalman.

Congrats on two classic pistols. :)

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Yeah, I figured it was kinda weird to have an American-made Italian handgun. Might as well make it proper pasta blasta.

Anyway, some pics of the stainless steel CZ with El Paso Saddlery holster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. eddief4

eddief4

awesome, congrats!!!

i REALLY want an Italian Beretta:hearts:

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Other than the M9 and M9A1, I don't even know if they sell American made M92FS any more. All the ones I've seen lately were Italian made.

17. den888

den888

Congrats, nice !

18. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Miss Piggy will get the OP for pointing a pistol at her frog.:supergrin:

19. oldnoob

oldnoob

Nice, I'm not a fan of high polish ss, but CZ is always nice.