"Last Man Standing"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by wrenrj1, Oct 23, 2015.

1. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Tim Allen's new show. He's still a car guy and owns a gun store! Nice to see guns (to include those dangerous black ones) prominently displayed. First time watching it tonight. Jay Leno was also on as a guy that sold Tim a hot rod. Several references to their prior careers/shows. Great banter between these two friends. Pretty good.

svtpwnz and janice6 like this.
  2. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Netflix has the last few seasons on streaming. Also the free streaming places I can not talk about has them also. It and Modern Family are my Favorite Comedy's I"m pleasantly surprised how right wing they allow some statements in the show. Bad jokes about Hillary ect.

The Video Logs are Great.

3. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Thought it was a new show dennis3dflyer, it isn't?

4. poles19

poles19

I think the first 3 seasons are on Netflix. Great show. Always making fun of obama.

5. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Netflix shows streaming 4 seasons 24 total shows plus they are 1 or 2 maybe 3 seasons behind. No its not a new show been out a few years. You can stream from the possibly Illegal sites for the latest and possible all of them. Where I go all are available. Sorry I cannot give it out. 1 it could hurt your computer with viruse and 2 its illegal.

6. KBKEITH

KBKEITH Problem Solver

Not a new show.

7. jfost11

jfost11

Yep, it's been on for a short while. I enjoy it. Fun fact: The actress who plays the middle daughter is older than the actress playing the oldest. The youngest is from Justified.

ETA: As goofeyguy pointed out, I forgot they switched actresses for the oldest daughter. The current one is not younger than the middle one.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    janice6 likes this.
  8. KWalrad

KWalrad No Wire Hangers!

Great show with very funny writing. It's been on for a few years now. I don't know what made me think of it, possibly the Leno tie in - I'd like to see them do a Halloween episode where Tim dresses as The Fonz, and they have a cameo by Henry WINKLER.

9. rock_castle

rock_castle Right is right and Left is wrong.

Great comedy with conservative tone, which is very rare indeed. I really enjoyed the episodes when the old Home Improvement gang made guest appearances.

10. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy In the STL

I love it and been watching it since season 1 (they are in season 5 now). Did anyone notice the "Binford" branded tool boxes in the garage...lol.

Referring to the middle daughter, She isn't older than the actress that currently plays the older sister, she is 2 years younger. She is older than the original actress that was cast in seasons 1 and 2 though. She was in the second Paranormal Activity movie also.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  11. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Great show. Unusual for its "normalness". Funny and true. Very rare. I'm surprised that it's on the air.

12. jfost11

jfost11

Oh that's right. I forgot about the switcheroo. The show jumped the shark early and kept going.

13. blackjack

blackjack

Tim's character, Mike Baxter, is also a ham radio operator and they've worked amateur radio into a couple of the shows. There is a fully functional modern ham radio in Mike's "study" set, including the "call sign" invented for the character, KA0XTT. The last part of the call, XTT, is a take-off on his previous character, Tim Taylor, thus "ex-Tim Taylor" or XTT.

http://www.arrl.org/news/em-ham-rad...io-makes-its-debut-on-em-last-man-standing-em

janice6 and NewWaveGuy like this.
  14. spookie

spookie

15. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

I like the show. It started in 2011 and is currently airing the fifth season. Seasons 1-4 are on Netflix, the current season is on Hulu.

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

janice6 likes this.
  17. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Wow, I didn't realize it had been on so long. I'll have to check out the first four seasons, where have I been...I hear this new show with Kevin Spacey is coming out where he's a senator or something and becomes president, "House of...Something." :)

18. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Wow I did not know about the Life Sentence Possibility turned into a little over 2 year of prison time for telling all and snitching. In seeing him now you would never think this.

How lucky he was to turn around a Life Sentence into a Wealthy Career.

19. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Tim Allen being in prison is really old news...It's been out there for a long time.

20. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

It is a good show, but only middle of the road in politics.

However a recent episode was good where youngest daughter basically checkmates the wife/mom into admitting she is only voting for Hillary because she is a woman, and not because of any substance. Thus revealing the sexism of the left.

janice6 likes this.