close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last male/Bloodline?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Adjuster, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Adjuster

Adjuster

I have been told by my family members that I am the last male/bloodline and sir name of my family. I have an older brother that has a different father but that doesn't matter because he has no children. I have two younger sisters, one with no children and will most likely not have children and one sister that does have children including girls and boys. So if I understand correctly unless I have a male child I am the last of my bloodline and sir name. Does this make since? Am I understanding correctly? I will be 45 this year and no current plans for any children in the near future. Anyone else in the same boat?

/

2. hpracing007

hpracing007

Do you have any uncles and do they have children? Or great uncles? I don't see how the bloodline just drops unless I'm missing something.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

I am reminded of the same by my family.....that I am the "last" unless I do something about it. I am an only child while my father only has one sibling and he produced two females.

4. Zagato

Zagato

yep. My dad has one brother, all daughters. Myself and my brother are the last 2 to carry on the name. I dont see kids in the near future for either of us. granted Im the oldest but only 27, so we'll see..

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I am fifty-one, married for twenty years and childless by mutual choice. It's BS, since the concept of "bloodline" only applies to horse-breeders and Nazis. HH

6. Kith

Kith

Yea, nearing 30 and last surviving male.

It's been something important in my life, and one of the reasons i've looked into personal defence as much as I am, defending more then just myself but the family as it were.

The lady i'm with now is sensitive to how much this means, and though we have no kids yet when we get there she's willing to keep trying until we have a boy - at least from where we stand right now.

I would be the one with 12 girls first.

(and yes, you are understanding correctly)

7. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 I swear I had something for this...

I'm 23 and the only male child on my dad's side of the family, the rest are girls.

8. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

With all due respect, how does a "bloodline" not pass through a female child? HH

9. Adjuster

Adjuster

I do have one uncle, brother of my father. And if I remember correctly from when I was young I believe this uncle had a son. However something must have happened either no boys of his own or he passed away or something because I am told I am the last. When I say bloodline I am speaking of the traditional male bloodline and the sir name. So even my sister who does have a male child is not a continuation of the male bloodline and sir name if I understand correctly.

/

10. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

I'm adopted and do not know either of my biological parents so I'm pretty damn excited to START a bloodline and for once see someone that is actually part me :)

11. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 I swear I had something for this...

I guess it's a last name thing.

12. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I'm the last male in my line as well.

13. Adjuster

Adjuster

I wish I could tell you because I am a little confused about the whole thing myself.

/

14. PAGunner

PAGunner

You have pressure and I feel sympathy from you. I'd ALMOST be in the same boat as you, except my sister had 2 beautiful manly little boys who me and my father (their grampa) is basically stepping in as the father role. They carry my family last name, so the pressure is off me to have kids and honestly, I don't want the hassle. I get to hang out with them, teach them, have fun with them, then go and do my own thing. The ultimate responsibility of being a father is not there, but they know uncle can be their friend or disciplinarian. They don't like disappointing me. lol

The father is currently in the NYS department of corrections doing a bid for drugs and gun charges. Actually he's someone I figured I'd realistically need a gun against in my lifetime, except being in NY I couldn't defend myself with a gun while visiting home. Thank God he is locked up, the world is a better place. One of his best friend's is currently on trial for murder 1, I grew up with some real winners.

Being in south Florida, man, things really do suck for you. I swear, every female down here is all about the $$$$$$$$. I would have to move out of state if I wanted to start a family, and I LOVE the weather down here, it's paradise to me (minus the 3rd world scum). I'm almost 30, not 45, but my advice, don't let your family pressure you. If you have kids now, and don't end up with the woman you had kids with, then pay child support, you'll be miserable into your golden years, don't do it!!!

15. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

That's it.

16. PAGunner

PAGunner

It's about the last name and the pride associated with it.

17. Adjuster

Adjuster

That is actually very cool. Get a fresh start on the whole dang thing.

/

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

That's something artifically assigned. It has nothing to do with "bloodlines" HH

19. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Last of my bloodline here as well. Had one brother, Darwin took care of him. I have already had my plumbing disconnected, as has my wife.

I'm the complete opposite on the blood line thing. I don't care that when I'm dust my family and name will be gone. I would tell anyone who even hinted that I should have kids for that reason that they need to have their head examined and to mind their own business.

20. Kith

Kith

Tradition, culture, and a few other reasons. I'm almost off the net for the night, i'll have to think about how to answer this correctly to not get an infraction.