Lasers and aircraft

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Slackinoff, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Slackinoff

Slackinoff Bathed in lavender and gasoline

Guy lights up a police helicopter with red laser, defeating the FLIR. They got him though.

• That red laser was particularly effective at temporarily defeating the FLIR camera. Glad to see the system recovered pretty much instantly every time.
    • Did you see the map overlay showing the home address? That was pretty slick.
    • Not sure on the power level of that particular laser, but I am going to take a guess that it was one of those $10 lasers on ebay. They are around 50mw (10x legal limit)l. Not enough to burn things, but WAY brighter than the little laser pointers you tease the cat with. I think a person spending the coin on say, a 1W laser knows to not point any laser at aircraft.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9dHLS_1550428436&p=1

2. OGW

OGW SAF

Too bad the dumbass didn't resist arrest.

Ramjet38 likes this.

3. CajunInvasion

CajunInvasion

I have a 2W blue bench top laser that my son and I built. Holy crap it’s bright and I’d never even think of pointing it at anything. It’s fully inclosed and will burn through wood and plastic pretty quickly. We shot it across an empty pasture once and it was pretty impressive. It runs on a 12 volt power supply.
    Too bad the helicopter doesn’t have one to shine back at the perps. A Dillon Aero would be better though