Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I've successfully put hundreds of rounds through my G19 before installing a LaserMax Green. After the installation I experienced hard racking and way too numerous jams. LaserMax sent me a new spring first which I installed and even left my Glock stored open rack for months to help ease the tension. No deal. Then LaserMax factory sent me a whole new unit. Same problem even after hundreds of more rounds.

My question is: has anyone reinstalled the stock OEM Glock supplied recoil spring to replace the Lasermax spring? The tension in the LaserMax spring makes it totally unreliable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the stock spring and have only had one issue - but the problem was exclusively an issue with the round.
Thanks for your reply. Do you have the green or red LaserMax with your 19? And since you installed your stock spring instead of the LM one, how many rounds have you shot without issues? Lastly what Gen is your 19?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi-
I've successfully put hundreds of rounds through my G19 before installing a LaserMax Green. After the installation I experienced hard racking and way too numerous jams. LaserMax sent me a new spring first which I installed and even left my Glock stored open rack for months to help ease the tension. No deal. Then LaserMax factory sent me a whole new unit. Same problem even after hundreds of more rounds.

My question is: has anyone reinstalled the stock OEM Glock supplied recoil spring to replace the Lasermax spring? The tension in the LaserMax spring makes it totally unreliable.
Why don't you just reverse the guide rod and lever install with your old parts? See if that fixes it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi-

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a G34 with lots of mods for IPSC /Range gun.
I've have a Lasermax for it that initially had the OEM/Factory spring and found it
very hard to rack the slide and sure as hill did not mesh in with my ideas of
easy use.
So I installed a Wolff 10 or 11 pound recoil spring and it has been working fine.
I'm not sure if I had to shorten it but just make sure you make it the same length
as the OEM spring on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.