close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaserMax Recoil Spring for Glock 37 Issue?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mhm143, Jun 16, 2007.

1. mhm143

mhm143

I just installed my new Lasermax 1141p in my Glock 37, and I am concerned about the recoil spring. The slide functions perfectly fine with the Lasermax installed (the action fully cycles normally, however I have not tried firing it yet). If you look at the attached pictures, the spring does not align perfectly. Both sides are not straight, instead the spring sort of snakes around from one end to the other like an elongated letter S.

Does anyone else's Lasermax spring look like this? Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. mhm143

mhm143

Here is picture number 2.

3. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

It's captured and under some tension, It aint going any where looks like mine perfectly normal...

4. clipper100

clipper100

Exactly how mine looked. i sent it back. Chris acknowledged the "Wolf" spring was not up to spec...

New lasermax in the mail.

'snaking' might work -- but NOT right.

5. Gordov2

Gordov2

It's normal.

The problem I've found with Lasermax recoil springs is that they tend to wear out too quickly... like at 1,000 rounds. That's no good. And you can't use a wolff or anything other spring than a Lasermax spring...

6. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

what do you mean wear out? mines going on thousands of rounds (not sure how many thousands really) and its never failed to pick up a round go boom and pick another one up go boom etc..

7. Gordov2

Gordov2

Well, they wear out. The slide fails to move back into full battery, the slide moves when squeezing the trigger, but mostly the slide doesn't reset the way it should and I have to manually reset the trigger by pulling back the slide a couple centimeters to get the trigger to reset.

8. 8541/9999

8541/9999

Lasermax uses Wolff springs on their Glock laser sights.

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I expected the recoil spring to be a consumable item, like the batteries. With that, I've ordered OEM replacements for our three Glocks, and two LaserMax replacements for the LM-equipped guns. The latter were sent at NC, by LaserMax, just for the asking.

Anyway, I have yet to use the replacements, OEM or LaserMax, after thousands of rounds on each of the guns.

So there it is... :headscratch:

Perhaps, a thorough cleaning of the rails & grooves is in order for some of these guns, along with some lube? :shame:

Perhaps, a bad batch of springs gets through now and then? :sigh:

All I know is that we don't experience any of this crap. :upeyes:

--Ray

10. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

ditto, but then I also do a more thorough cleaning than glock perscribes when I clean my glocks.

11. Gordov2

Gordov2

If that's true (and I've heard others say it too), then why are my LM springs wearing out so quick (1,000 rounds)?

I'm using a Glock 23 with Winchester RA40T's 180 grain. For practice, Blazer/CCI 180 grain.

I also overclean my weapon (NOT over lube).

12. 8541/9999

8541/9999

call bob at 1800 laser 03 ext 311 and ask why your spring wear out so quickly. I do know for a fact they yse wolff springs.