Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the LaserMax lasers for the Glocks, or the new LaserLyte laser sight that replaces the rear sight on a Glock.

The LaserLyte sight looks like an interesting idea, but I wonder just how bright the laser can be with such tiny batteries. The LaserMax lasers seem to be popular, although I hear mixed comments.

Any replies much appreciated.

·
Banned
18,886 Posts
I have a Lasermax in my G30 and MUCH prefer the Crimson Trace lasers grips I have on a few of my other Glocks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the Laserlyte on my 23 and have found this to be a well built product. Easy to zero and hasn't gone outta zero since. I thought it might get in the way----- nope. Might not be bright enough------ it is. And the sight itself w/o the laser on is just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a Laserlyte for my G19. Still holding rock solid after about 1000 assorted range and SD rounds. Have to admit, however, that I could not get sufficient adjustment range for my original Laserlyte to coincide with the regular sight picture. An easy phone call to Laserlyte got a new unit shipped to me, immediately. In all fairness, I think I had one of the earlier production units. They even included a prepaid return address label for me to send my original unit back. The "Star Trek" shape really doesn't interfere with the normal sight picture, at all, IMHO. It's kind of neat to be able to shoot from the hip (or any other position) and still place an accurate shot on target.

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
We've had excellent service from two LaserMax guide rod lasers in our G19 and G21, and I really like the rail-mounted LMS-UNI-G green laser on my G17!

They are spendy alternatives, but they're slick stuff! :thumbsup:

--Ray

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I also have the Laserlyte on my Glock (the one that replaces the rear sight)

It has been perfect from day one. I used a bore laser in the barrel to adjust the Laserlyte so it was dead on target before ever firing a first shot. It has functioned perfectly. It is also very bright, at least as bright as my Crimson Trace.

On the Glock 26 it is easy to turn it on and off just using the thumb of my shooting hand (I can do it while holding the gun very easily and naturally).

It makes it almost crazy easy when shooting from 10 yards or closer. Just put the dot on the target and if you do your part, a bullseye shot will result. It really excels in the house where the red dot is very very visible.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had 2 different LaserMax units, one on my G23 and the other on my G27. The one on my G23 had some issues and I sent it back several times and they finally gave me a replacement. I still had issues with it so I sold it. I had FTF problems with most SD ammo I tried, the only stuff I could get to work 100% was Federal Hydra-Shok 135gr low recoil. The spring is stiffer than the stock guiderod spring, so I think it was a combination of the slide not going back all the way and muzzle flip. I was not limp wristing or anything, and and the muzzle flip would explain why the low recoil stuff worked. I decided I wanted to shoot some better ammo, so I got rid of it and picked up a CTC LG-417. It works very well. The LaserMax unit I have on my G27 works great and I am very happy with it, that thing will eat whatever I feed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts